Notices

Revolution Exhaust Review

Search this Thread

Old 21 April 2010, 03:54 PM
Scooby Luke
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Revolution Exhaust Review

Now that I have a 2.5ltr engine and GT Spec headers the volume from my after burner exhaust has become too much for the coppers to ignore and so they pulled me and issued me with a ticket a couple of weeks ago. I had a mapping session booked in with Steve Simpson the following week so a bung wasn’t really an option.

After a lot of digging around on here I decided that the only real answer was to get another exhaust so due to the reviews on here I went for a Revolution full system. The system turned up the next day as promised. As with other guys who have brought this exhaust I was surprised by the lack of restriction, resonators or extra boxes to keep the volume down. It’s built to a fairly good standard although I would say that the welds aren’t as good as the Hayward and Scott afterburner. The mechanic had to grind a little bit of excess weld from the mouth of the downpipe to assist with flow.

Also the downpipe is a different design to the Hayward and Scott. Rather than having an open neck design to cover both the wastegate and exhaust turbine there is a slot cut out of the flange to accommodate the gasses coming from wastegate. I’m not saying this is wrong or worse – just different.

The day it went on it was really raspy and I wasn’t really sure if I liked it however the volume was a lot lower and did allow me to get my ticket stamped by our local MOT station.

I’ve now been driving with the exhaust for 2 weeks and I gotta say I’m quite enjoying it. The exhaust still has a bit of a rasp when cold but that all but goes once warmed up. The volume and note is much more subtle but still retains the deep rumble. On WOT however, the volume does increase to a nice roar. One of the best bits is that you can hear the FP Green screaming away from the cabin which was drowned out by the Afterburner before.

The 300 mile trip to see Steve Simpson at Tegsport was a lot more enjoyable than previous motorway drives with the Afterburner. Once mapped the car made 431BHP so the exhaust seems to be good for power to.

Over all, a happy customer!
Old 21 April 2010, 03:59 PM
bigsinky
Scooby Regular

Also the downpipe is a different design to the Hayward and Scott. Rather than having an open neck design to cover both the wastegate and exhaust turbine there is a slot cut out of the flange to accommodate the gasses coming from wastegate. I’m not saying this is wrong or worse – just different.
i do believe someone on here modified an open neck H&S in a similar way a few years back
Old 21 April 2010, 04:09 PM
Scooby Luke
Scooby Regular

As i say, the car made good power so the downpipe cant be hindrance.