Notices

Leaking Radiator

Search this Thread

Old 07 April 2010, 05:34 PM
wasbo
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Leaking Radiator

I wonder if any of you have any ideas on this, I was just on my way home and I noticed the smell of engine water, I popped the bonnet and water was obviously coming from somewhere, I had a look around and found it was leaking from the top of my Radiator the sort of plastic top piece where the top hose connects(see pictures), it seems to look like it has perished a bit and has cracked along what appears to be almost a fault line, the car was not over heating in anyway and has no oil in the water or water in the oil when checking either so I am wondering if it is just a bad radiator or has it been caused by some sort of high pressure in the water system, the car had not be driven over 40mph and it happened on the way home from work so no heavy driving involved. any ideas what may have caused this.
Many thanks

s
Old 07 April 2010, 05:46 PM
Bicco
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They tend to go all along the top seem tbh, mine went a few months back, they will last a while if you keep an eye on the coolent, it doesn`t gush out etc, but it does look like a new rad is on the cards tbh Don`t think its any specific fault apart from old age and use.
Scoobyclinic were reasonably priced, I got mine from work as I work in a motor factors, slightly cheaper and easier for me.
Old 07 April 2010, 08:35 PM
wasbo
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad it seems to be just the rad then rather than something worse, cheers for that