What is this part called / part number

Search this Thread

Old 09 March 2010, 02:55 PM
sneezing7
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is this part called / part number

I seem to of broken the plastic clip that holds the metal arm for the bonnet

Does this part have a name??? Or even better a part number?

Classic model btw

Thanks!
Old 09 March 2010, 03:56 PM
Splitpin
Scooby Regular

If you mean the clip that keeps the bonnet support from flying about, it's only available new as part of the radiator stay bracket. You could always try getting another one from a breaker, or, probably better, slide a length of velcro under the coolant bleed pipe and use that to retain the support.
Old 09 March 2010, 04:35 PM
GMballistic
Scooby Regular

Just had a look at the one I took off my96 classic (assuming you mean the yellow coloured clip to hold the support). No part numbers on it but I didn't really think there would be as it is a small part.
As Splitpin said try a breakers is probably the best idea. You can have mine for free if you want it? bit dirty but I could probably send it with a 1st class stamp so it wouldn't cost much really but I'd have to check as you live in Cyprus by your location (PM me if you need to).

If I was you I'd go on ebay or similar & buy a pair of bonnet lifters. My friend bought a pair for £40ish and gave me one (it was my birthday & he's a nice guy ). They are so much more convienent than bonnet stays, cheap to buy (unless you buy Tein/theyre almost £100 a pair +VAT), look great and are more than capable of lifting & supporting the bonnet. Gareth

SUBARU IMPREZA WRX STI GC8 GDA GAS BONNET DAMPER STRUTS on eBay (end time 27-Mar-10 13:08:37 GMT)
Old 10 March 2010, 09:21 AM
sneezing7
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the reply guys!

GM: I might take you up on your offer if that's cool? Cost of having a oil filter sent from the UK here is 2.20pound, so I am guessing a std stamp will do the trick

The bonnet lifter option is another idea though. Question: how do you close the bonnet? I am used to just dropping the bonnet and letting it clip in place by itself. Do you need to push it?
Old 10 March 2010, 02:15 PM
GMballistic
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by sneezing7
Thanks for the reply guys!

GM: I might take you up on your offer if that's cool? Cost of having a oil filter sent from the UK here is 2.20pound, so I am guessing a std stamp will do the trick

The bonnet lifter option is another idea though. Question: how do you close the bonnet? I am used to just dropping the bonnet and letting it clip in place by itself. Do you need to push it?
If you want my old yellow clip then thats not a problem and you can have it FOC (just send me a PM & we can go from there)

Bonnet lifters are great. Much easier working on the car too without the bonnet stand in the way To close it you just push it down & it will just drop the last 5-6inches and clip in place. Really easy to fit aswell. Let me know eitherway, Gareth