Notices

Classic Model/Spec V?

Search this Thread

Old 07 March 2010, 10:54 PM
CatalunyaSimon
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Classic Model/Spec V?

It can be confusing with all the different spec Impreza's knowing what’s what in comparison.
I have an Impreza Catalunya and have been thinking about getting an all decked out with bells and whistles coupe. Correct me if I am wrong but it seems imports are slightly better equipped so I believe I am looking for a Coupe = Type R, Latest classic = Version VI, Highest spec = STi
So what is the difference between a WRX Type R STi Version VI and Limited models. Is it just the cosmetic additions such as the blue dash/console and the roof vent?
This seems to be the one for me but if it is a Version VI why it is sometimes referred to as V-Limited? Is this a different model again or a Version V Limited. Please help clear this up. So how can you have a MY2000 V Limited?
Old 07 March 2010, 11:18 PM
sg72
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CatalunyaSimon
It can be confusing with all the different spec Impreza's knowing what’s what in comparison.
I have an Impreza Catalunya and have been thinking about getting an all decked out with bells and whistles coupe. Correct me if I am wrong but it seems imports are slightly better equipped so I believe I am looking for a Coupe = Type R, Latest classic = Version VI, Highest spec = STi
So what is the difference between a WRX Type R STi Version VI and Limited models. Is it just the cosmetic additions such as the blue dash/console and the roof vent?
This seems to be the one for me but if it is a Version VI why it is sometimes referred to as V-Limited? Is this a different model again or a Version V Limited. Please help clear this up. So how can you have a MY2000 V Limited?
AFAICS. The V-limited came frome the use of Roman numeral "V" as opposed to 5. Any Coupe before 5 was known as a "limited" when painted blue. with weight saving additions.(All standard built. with no customer imput). When the version 5 was introduced. The 22B was also launched. Many Japanese residents put down a deposit on the 22B but were disappointed to not be able to acquire one. So Subaru launched a 5-limited. With which customers could order anything from the STI parts bin they wanted to be able to Spec their cars up. On the back of this there was launched a "Standard STI 5 Type R limited. which was Plaqued as a limited edition specced car