Notices

need mobile ecu remap for bug eye wrx

Search this Thread

Old 26 February 2010, 03:29 PM
slaphead1860
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question need mobile ecu remap for bug eye wrx

hi, my first posting. a few things if anyone can help i,d be obliged. can anyone tell me where i can get my 51 plate bug eye wrx re-mapped without spending a fortune, "prefer mobile". standard apart from japspeed ss unequal header with attached up-pipe. seller claimed this would give me an extra 25 bhp but i think this was a tad optomistic to say the least. must help spool up but i can,t detect much difference, "still lot of lag". rest of exhaust standard but thinking of replacing, anyone selling something suitable? can,t fit anything too loud as i finish work around 2 am so don,t want to upset neighbours. with remap + exhaust i assume 265 to 280 bhp would be realistic. would an aftermarket dump valve and intercooler y pipe be needed to handle higher boost pressure?
Old 26 February 2010, 03:44 PM
dynamix
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes with an exhaust and remap (and panel filter) you will see around 270-280bhp.

The standard dump valve is just perfect - there is no benefit from downgrading to a vent to atmosphere one - if anything it will lead to problems if you fit a cheap and nasty one. Best avoided.

Prodrive Y piece can be a marginal benefit but I have yet to really see the advantage of that at that power level tbh.

I am quite often up your way mapping - am there tomorrow as it happens.
Old 26 February 2010, 03:47 PM
Midlife......
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

First thing to do is find the mapper then ask him all the questions. I'm sure he'll give the correct answers as he's the one at the sharp end LOL.

JollyGreenMonster travels as does Andrew Carr (I think) and Racedynamix (I think)...

Shaun
Old 26 February 2010, 03:48 PM
Midlife......
Scooby Regular

oops...someone posted while I was typing LOL

Shaun
Old 26 February 2010, 05:23 PM
360ste
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

On my bugeye STi having fitted a FMIC including induction kit and a set of tubular headers whilst in Cyprus on my return. I put it into G-Force motorsport now DSAutomotive for further mods. On the pre-mod run it put out 290 bhp so up 25 bhp from the standard 265. Mostly due to the headers. Now since the modification virus took hold other things have been done so now running 416 bhp with a 3.5 inch bore exhaust so be warry there is no cure once this virus takes hold
Old 26 February 2010, 07:12 PM
Midlife......
Scooby Regular

Nice...... what turbo are you running for that

Shaun
Old 26 February 2010, 07:39 PM
360ste
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by Midlife......
Nice...... what turbo are you running for that

Shaun
FP Green Turbo from ScoobyMania, 650 cc injectors and GEMS ECU.
Old 26 February 2010, 08:10 PM
Midlife......
Scooby Regular

Thanks..........just curious

Shaun
Old 26 February 2010, 08:18 PM
StevoT2000
Scooby Regular

Where did you get your 3.5" bore exhaust from?

Thanks
Old 26 February 2010, 09:35 PM
360ste
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

It's an Air Power System (APS) one from DSAutomotives Abot £860 including fitting kit. The box it comes in just fits on the back seat.

Link to APS 3.5 inch system
APS DR Series 3.5" Turbo to Tip Race Exhaust

Link to DSAuutomotive
Official Stockists - DS Automotives

Is quite loud even with the bung in the tail pipe, the bung isadjustable and removable but mine doesnot want to budge so will keep trying. Hopefully when I am due for my next re-map it will be out so will be V loud. Oops upset neighbours . watch this space

Oops think I might have hijacked this post. Sorry

Last edited by 360ste; 26 February 2010 at 09:36 PM.
Old 27 February 2010, 12:14 AM
slaphead1860
Scooby Newbie

Default bugeye remap

Originally Posted by dynamix

Yes with an exhaust and remap (and panel filter) you will see around 270-280bhp.

The standard dump valve is just perfect - there is no benefit from downgrading to a vent to atmosphere one - if anything it will lead to problems if you fit a cheap and nasty one. Best avoided.

Prodrive Y piece can be a marginal benefit but I have yet to really see the advantage of that at that power level tbh.

I am quite often up your way mapping - am there tomorrow as it happens.
many thanks for info. not around over weekend but i,ll maybe get back to you. do i need to fit exhaust before remap? also do you advise using 99 octane petrol as i,ve been told it can make a big difference? thanks again
Old 27 February 2010, 05:37 AM
dynamix
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by slaphead1860
many thanks for info. not around over weekend but i,ll maybe get back to you. do i need to fit exhaust before remap? also do you advise using 99 octane petrol as i,ve been told it can make a big difference? thanks again
No probs.

Yes it would need the exhaust fitting before the remap to get the benefits of that.

For the best performance I would recommend using 99 but quite often I get asked to map to 95 ron fuel. Obviously performance isnt so good then as Subarus love octane.
Old 08 March 2010, 01:07 PM
Scooby Classic
Scooby Regular

First time poster, long time reader. I've spent a lot of time looking at these threads and I'm not sure that I have found one that answers my questions.
Can I buy parts of the exhaust and fit them one at a time? i.e. back box, mid section, sports cat.
Is a sports panel filter needed and which one?
Can I run a new exhaust and filter without damage to my beloved scoob whilst saving my pennies for a remap? (important, will be some time between)
Is an up pipe worth it if filter, exhaust + remap is all I intend to do?
are there any supporting mods that would be considered essential for this set up?

Really appreciate the help, love my classic and i'm looking for modest gains, not that interested in acquiring facts and figures to show off about (sadly i'm much too poor for that), which will result in a more responsive drive without sacrificing reliability. I'm aware my wheels are not the newest, has anone else with a similar car had issues with these mods?

(also open to the idea of saving my money and putting it towards a newer car and will take advice on that)

Thanks

John

MY00 95,000 well looked after