Search this Thread

Old 24 February 2010, 11:20 PM
P600wrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1 for the tech/mechanic heads in here

my96 wrx won't start,

fault codes 23 and 24 according to my list idle air control solinoid and MAF,
went out and got both from a friend who breaks them, they both came from his own car assured both in full working order as he brought all new sensors and they have covered around 1500/2000 miles,

My car is just turning over with everything in place all piped up, here is what happens when i remove the 1" pipe from the resinator box between the MAf and the turbo intake pipe and cover it with my finger allowing a small amount of air in the car will splutter into life but not run correctly,

To me it is as if the car is getting too much air, when i first had the car 6 weeks ago it has had a cold start problem in which i would hold the revs on for a moment or so at 1k and for the rest of the day it would be fine, when inspected the origanal iacv the magnet was missing and it was seized,

So after replacing these items would the ecu be causing the non starting problem as i can't get the car to run to clear the codes, Could i have a faulty MAP sensor my car has a 3 port boost solinoid, would dissconnecting the ecu from the car overnight clear the codes,

PLEASE HELP ME I'M AT MY WITS END WITH IT

mark
Old 25 February 2010, 07:05 AM
saiklon
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe the new IACV is stuck open? Remove its top cover, (the one that has the two screws and the electrical connector), you will then be able to set the IACV manually. Try starting the car with it in a few different positions.

If you have got an atmospheric BOV, it might be leaking as well.