Notices

Performance

Search this Thread

Old 23 February 2010, 04:44 PM
shaunyboyuk
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Performance

Hi guys, im just wondering whats a decent upgrade turbo for my 99 impreza? I think its running stock td04 but have found out it was an ex police car, seller told me it was just de-catted but it is much quicker than standard.

I looked on andy forrests website and saw the AFP 04-H custom ported hybrid turbo but what would be needed to run this?

Also if its allready mapped would it need the map tweaking or a full new map?
Old 23 February 2010, 04:49 PM
scooby1982
Scooby Regular

If you change the turbo then your better off getting a complete new map depending on how much bigger ( turbo wise you are going) and also depended on the mapper/tuner that you use some will not use other people's maps et cna dprefer to set it up on there terms either way its not cheap. a good upgrade is the td05 16g for starters which can be picked up fairly cheap good luck
Old 23 February 2010, 04:54 PM
shaunyboyuk
Scooby Regular

At the moment, budget wont stretch that far as im basicaly resoting it, doing timing belt etc a bit of engine work, tidying it up, bigger intercooler, and am doing the bodywork on it. So far ive tken 3 looms out that was used on police car and have had to start from scratch and re-wire an iso connector in for the sterio, but am geting there.

I was looking at geting a forge alloy actuator for now see if it will hold boost a bit better as you can change springs and adjust i. Any good till i can afford turbo? Also would a td05 be allright without a map? sorry about this i wasnt into scoob tuning so know very little, ive come from a leon cupra r.
Old 23 February 2010, 05:15 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No turbo that isnt the same as the standard one will be ok with out a remap, your best bet is either to go for a decat/panel filter and remap, that should give you about 270bhp, or wait a while until you have some spare cash, even so, the above will probably set you back 900ish quid, though I would expect an ex police car to have the PPP fitted anyway, look in the engine bay and see if it has some nice blue intercooler Y piping and a prodrive back box.

Tony
Old 23 February 2010, 05:53 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

The ones that Humberside Police had were originally tuned, then slightly DEtuned by Prodrive, since the drivers said they were manic with the original state of tune.

I think they went to 280bhp, then back to 255-260.
This from one of the drivers
Old 23 February 2010, 07:08 PM
shaunyboyuk
Scooby Regular

i have no history with it so unsure where they came from, backbox looks prodrive but no blue silicon hosing, got the calibration number on dials too, but they will pobably be out of date now, and got a stupid aeiral base on roof i need to remove and weld the hole up. As soon as its finished il get it dyno'd to give me a rough idea of power.

Also, i have an annoying problem with passenger window, i cant put it down on drivers side, but passenger side you can, and in the plug its had last 2 wires bridged, but when you removed that it doesnt work at all, an ideas?