Notices

New '09 WRX Hatch owner --- confused!

Search this Thread

Old 28 January 2010, 12:17 PM
Huckleberry
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New '09 WRX Hatch owner --- confused!

Hi, I've just joined the forum, hope someone can help.

I've just bought a new (UK, 59 plate) WRX hatch - this is my first Impreza, I've always driven sports cars but have a new baby due soon so have had to go for something more 'sensible'. It was a bit of a rushed purchase, so didn't do much research beforehand - I just knew I didn't want a diesel Focus / Volvo estate or something (which the wife suggested), so quickly bought only new WRX available at the dealer instead.

I'm now confused as to what I've bought. I've read that the '09 Impreza was upgraded to 265PS, suspension upgrades etc. Does anyone know if this applies to UK cars?

Mine's still in the break-in period, so haven't been able to exercise it properly yet. But it feels quite soft, and doesn't feel super-quick. Have I got one of the older '08 spec models, or did the '09 upgrade just not reach the UK?

Overall I like the car, and it'll be great for ferrying the family around. I'll reserve judgement for another 600 miles (break-in), but I don't think this car is going to be as exciting as the '06 and earlier ones I've driven...
Old 28 January 2010, 04:29 PM
WIZZY2376
Scooby Regular

Ive got an MY08 STI, i didnt look at the WRX but i believe the standard WRX is 230 ps. The upgraded PPP version is 255 the WRXS . Its all on subarus website. They are all a little softer in the suspension set ups , a few mods here and there can firm things up with out going to harsh. There is a huge thread running on here for hatches check it out for more info.
Old 28 January 2010, 04:32 PM
WIZZY2376
Scooby Regular

https://www.scoobynet.com/members-ga...ourselves.html
Hope this helps.
Old 28 January 2010, 04:42 PM
Huckleberry
Scooby Newbie

Thanks WIZZY.

From looking through Subaru's official websites (UK and US) it looks like the standard 2009 WRX in the US and other terrirories got the updates (265ps, suspension updates etc.) but this was not released in the UK - it's still the old 2008 model, so I still have 230ps. A bit annoying, but I'll live.

Looks like the WRXS is aftermarket updates from Prodrive, and still only gives you 255ps.