Double turbo kick ??

Search this Thread

Old 30 December 2009, 11:50 PM
Pauline Fowler
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Double turbo kick ??

Sorted - Thanks for advice

Last edited by Pauline Fowler; 31 December 2009 at 06:25 PM. Reason: Sorted !!
Old 30 December 2009, 11:58 PM
Splitpin
Scooby Regular

The term "boosts twice" doesn't really make much sense, can you describe what's happening in a bit more detail? Is the owner trying to say that it comes onto boost, and cuts out before coming back, or...?

If it's as above, it's probably overboost leading to fuel cut, but something has to be a bit "off" for a standard, properly serviced car to encounter that. It certainly isn't correct for the owner to claim that this should be common or at all "normal" on a bog standard car.

It could be nothing more complex than some oil in the boost control pipework that can be cured simply by a good rinse out, but it could also be more sinister (and expensive to correct).

If you can give us some more information on the exact nature of this issue then that would help us advise you. Also worth us knowing what model year the car is.
Old 31 December 2009, 12:13 AM
Pauline Fowler
Scooby Regular

As post #1

Last edited by Pauline Fowler; 31 December 2009 at 06:26 PM.
Old 31 December 2009, 12:19 AM
andyxros
Scooby Regular

think i know wat your feeling hear sure its in second gear wen changing hard and foot to floor after it like boosts then then sort of kicks again not boost or fuel cut or anything like that, i thnk it feels good, think its a thing in the ecu that protects second gear damage from 1st under hard gearchange/accelaration because there is more of a tendency to "foot to the floor" still after after 1st and into 2nd but when you get to 3rd you dont floor it to the floor as much??
mine is a my00 uk but been mapped twice and cause of loads more power it might be more noticable? still dose it now and again, just a thought

Last edited by andyxros; 31 December 2009 at 12:20 AM.
Old 31 December 2009, 12:20 AM
FB Tuning
Former Sponsor

I'd probably avoid it - plenty of other cars out there to choose from
Old 31 December 2009, 12:25 AM
scoobiewrx555
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like double talk for....

'There something wrong with my scooby but i haven't got a clue what it is, and neither do any of the garages i've taken it too, including the Subaru dealership that service it so actually i'm stabbing in the dark as well as giving you the large one. Please take if off my hands so i can be rid of this oriental enigma'.

Test drive it and make up your own mind.
Old 31 December 2009, 12:34 AM
scoobyschef
Scooby Regular

walk away

jim

Trending Topics

Old 31 December 2009, 01:01 AM
Luke-Avfc
Scooby Regular

Wastegate Creep ??

Wastegate creep is a very common fault on the 2 port solenoid system, on both modded and standard cars, the most common cause is a lazy or dirty 2 port solenoid, what this does is reduce the bleed rate through the solenoid which allows the pressure in the system to build up enough for wastegate actuator to creep open, this reduces boost then the wastegate will close again then the boost will increase again and the wastegate will creep open again and so on, in this situation a simple clean of the solenoid would normally cure the fault, the symptoms of this fault are lumpy, flat and hesitant boost , on a standard car wastegate creep will feel like the the car is pulling then backing off repeatedly like a surging effect whilst you are accelerating. This issue can also be caused by a poorly setup boost controller or a weak actuator spring.
Old 31 December 2009, 06:43 AM
Splitpin
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Pauline Fowler
As I've not driven the car I can't explain what's happening. But in the sellers words pasted from an email....
Comments are exactly as per Scoobiewrx555's. Sounds like the seller doesn't have a clue, and/or has been advised by someone who doesn't have a clue.

If you're otherwise interested, drive the thing and report back to us how this symptom feels. If in doubt, do what Jim suggests.