Notices

engine gone bang big time

Search this Thread

Old 15 December 2009, 05:23 AM
ajc1988
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engine gone bang big time

hi was on way home last night on motorway doing about 75 when i heard really bad rattling from engine, in the time it took me to pull over the engine has gone big time with smoke pouring out. This wasnt too much of a surprise as the bottom end did have a slight knocking noise. Have already bought a new bottom end which was due to get done next year so just wondering how much i will be looking at to get engine rebuilt with this bottom end, also wondering if anyone knows of anywhere that will take payment over a few months or does everywhere asks for payment on work been finished as if this is case im going to be looking at at least 3 months before having anywhere near enough. Any help appreciated. Cheers andy
Old 15 December 2009, 07:49 AM
deano27
Scooby Regular

hi mate ive just had my engine fully rebuilt, my number 4 piston cracked (common prob) it cost me 1000 quid for all the parts (forge pistons,new uprated oil pump, gasket set, rebore, race top and bottom bearings the lot, ad my mate worked for eclipse performance (in Sunderland) and he rebuilt it for 500 quid.

were do you live and i will ask him if he is interested in doing it, coz im sure u wont want to pay silly money, i got quoted 2300 from a scooby performanc garage.
Old 15 December 2009, 08:32 AM
esp ltd
Scooby Regular

You could always arrange to pay with a credit card and then you can pay pretty much what you could afford
Old 15 December 2009, 12:44 PM
ajc1988
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by esp ltd
You could always arrange to pay with a credit card and then you can pay pretty much what you could afford
unfortunatly i cant get a credit card and also wouldnt like to use one if i can help it.

Originally Posted by deano27
hi mate ive just had my engine fully rebuilt, my number 4 piston cracked (common prob) it cost me 1000 quid for all the parts (forge pistons,new uprated oil pump, gasket set, rebore, race top and bottom bearings the lot, ad my mate worked for eclipse performance (in Sunderland) and he rebuilt it for 500 quid.

were do you live and i will ask him if he is interested in doing it, coz im sure u wont want to pay silly money, i got quoted 2300 from a scooby performanc garage.
live in huddersfield so a bit far really with a dead car unfortunatly. Thanks for the offer though and if i find out i can get the car up there i will give you a pm.
Old 16 December 2009, 10:12 PM
ajc1988
Scooby Regular

any body else able to help. Also anyone guess at what i will need if i get my own bits and where best place to get them from. Got a v5 type r bottom end with pistons con rods and cam shaft.
Any help appreciated
andy
Old 16 December 2009, 10:15 PM
ajc1988
Scooby Regular

any body else able to help. Also anyone guess at what i will need if i get my own bits and where best place to get them from. Got a v5 type r bottom end with pistons con rods and cam shaft.
Any help appreciated
andy