Notices

clutch problem

Search this Thread

Old 13 December 2009, 04:33 PM
mje_wrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clutch problem

ater fitting the engine i tryed to get a clutch, but the clutch release bearing keeps popping out of the fly wheel, and the snap ring assemble that sits in pressure plate also decieded to pull out.

any ideas of how to correct this with everyting in place.?

or have i dont something wrong. fitted 4 engine with no issues, just mine, typical, at end of teather with car now.
Old 13 December 2009, 04:45 PM
Splitpin
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try test-fitting the clip into the pressure plate, and the release bearing into the clip without the gearbox in the way and you'll soon work it out.

I forget which way round it is, but I suspect that you don't push the clip all the way into the release bearing. Try leaving it with about a 3/16 inch gap betwen the back of the clip and the pressure plate and then gently push the bearing in. You should feel it lock into place and not come back out.

If you then push the clip collar right into the pressure plate, the bearing will release.

If that doesn't work try it the other way round - pushing the clip all the way into the pressure plate before engaging the bearing (and pull it out a little to release). As said I don't recall which way round is correct but it's one or the other.