Notices

snorkle and in wing induction kit

Search this Thread

Old 11 December 2009, 09:58 PM
benjikwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default snorkle and in wing induction kit

hi all im looking to put a cold air induction kit on my car and run a cold air feed from foglight in summer to the filter. but in winter im not wanting to get it wet through floods ect so was just going to use the oem snorkle as the only air feed will this be enough air to it or will the filter be starved of cool air? cheers all cars a 2002 bug by the way
Old 12 December 2009, 08:43 AM
scoobiewrx555
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The snorkle is only of any use when the car is moving oterwise it's restricted by it's shape and narrow opening. Plus the rubber strip at the front of the bonnet gets in the way restricting even more air flow so it needs some modifying but in the winter it would be ok.

If you can construct something to bung your foglight cold air feed duct during the winter and just use the snorkle i'm sure that would work just fine.

I have to say though i have a snorkus delete mod on my car and i've been through some pretty deep water and never had a problem with water ingress although i haven't got a cone filter sitting at the bottom of my inner wing cavity. The inner wing plastic shroud does a good job of keep most of the weather out but i'm sure even during flooding water will get in no matter what.

I suppose you could always cut a hole in your wing and have your CAI pointing upwards in the winter...proper 4x4 snorkle!!

Last edited by scoobiewrx555; 12 December 2009 at 08:46 AM. Reason: Still asleep!!