Notices

Help with a leak ???

Search this Thread

Old 30 November 2009, 11:27 PM
a5h
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with a leak ???

Can abody help with a leak i have coming from under the dash above the glovebox.

With all the wet weather it has become a small stream but have not been able to locate a source.
I have pulled of the scuttle panel but not seen anything( not to sure where to look either)

Any help would be greatly apreciated.

Thanks all
Old 01 December 2009, 09:25 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hmmm could be the heater matrix, does this look or smell like coolant and have you checked your levels? otherwise check around the windscreen for leaks, you may have to dry it all out first then get a hose pipe on it

Tony
Old 01 December 2009, 09:26 AM
Splitpin
Scooby Regular

Windscreen. Likelihood multiplies by orders of magnitude if it's had a replacement at some point during its life. Feel along the front of the roof lining for signs of moisture. If that doesn't reveal anything obvious pull the A-B pillar moulding and work your way down.

If that doesn't reveal the source, you'll have to strip the glovebox off and poke around underneath with a skinny torch and mirror.
Old 01 December 2009, 10:25 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

If you take it to a friendly windscreen fitter, they will remove the trim around the outside for you for a few quid, and they can then see if any of the sealant/glue looks a bit thin.

I had this with mine when a new one was fitted after a crack appeared. The company that fitted it took responsibility, put me another new one in and refunded my "few quid" search fee.
Old 01 December 2009, 05:27 PM
a5h
Scooby Regular

Thanks all,

I think i have found it by virtue of a small hole in the bonding at the top of the a pilar.
I hade the screen taken out when i has some rust treated. When they put the screen back in it cracked so they had to put a new one in.
The problem i face now is if they are going to put wrong the resulting damaged. I have had to replace both the relay and blower motor due to water damage.
Going to speak to the bodyshop that did the work tomorrow and see what they are prepared to do.

Thanks again.