Notices

clutch or gearbox

Search this Thread

Old 30 November 2009, 07:43 PM
dooby-do
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clutch or gearbox

hi people bit stuck with this one i have a 95 wrx turbo import.blew my 3rd gearbox other week so bought another ty752 out of a 98 wrx turbo. however i found out that the clutch had also shattered so removed the clutch as fitted a new clutch plate.however started it up today and it was making a horrible noise like clanging and tappin and that was while it was parked up not driving it.so anyway try to select a gear and nothing the only way i could get it to select a gear was to turn it of and select the gear and then start it back up again and it was fine in the gear.but if i try to select any gear while the car is running it just does not want to no, i can get 1st just but when i try say reverse it just crunchs like i am trying to select it without the clutch pressed.but the clutch it pressed and i no it is working as when i start it up with it already in reverse it does it fine and will let me reverse the car but take it out of reverse and same problem.also the horrible noise will go away once i press the clutch..release it and it comes back.any help on this one people will be much appriciated kind regards ben
Old 30 November 2009, 07:55 PM
tweaks
Scooby Regular

sounds like clutch to me and a noisey release bearing
Old 30 November 2009, 08:04 PM
r1c
Scooby Regular

if it goes in gear with the engine off then its gotta be the clutch, was the pressure plate ok? did you get the clutch plate the right way round?
Old 30 November 2009, 08:28 PM
dooby-do
Scooby Regular

well just been out and started it up and i managed to select all gears.when the clutch is pressed the gearbox is or clutch is quite as it should be but once i release it you can hear it making a nasty noise its hard to explain like slapping/ cloncking. i might need to adjust the gear lincage as does feel like that throught the gearstick but cant see it being that causein the noise.
as for clutch and pressure plate it can only be fitted 1 way im sure of it.
Old 30 November 2009, 08:33 PM
r1c
Scooby Regular

yeah probley but was just checkin mate, does pumping the clutch pedal make any difference?
Old 30 November 2009, 08:44 PM
dooby-do
Scooby Regular

not really mate just noise comes and goes and i push the clutch down.
i really dont want to have to rip the gearbox out again as i only put it in today and weather really aint on my side so thought i would post on hear to see if there was a easy way out of it