Standard airbox

Search this Thread

Old 26 November 2009, 06:42 PM
DDS789
Scooby Regular

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Standard airbox

Hi all

iv been putting my 1995 WRX RA back to standard (airbox wise). Over the post week iv bought a standard airbox, resonator andthe elbow pipe from the maf.

Got a bit stuck with some of the piping though, my car had a k&n on with resonator delete and some of the pipes were deleted and stuff.

So just wondering if anyone had some decent pics/diagrams as to what goes where??

Heres a pic of it

I understand the piping going into the turbo 90 degree elbow pipe. The ones im a bit stuck on are, the main breather pipe (comes off the silver pipe in the pic) Should that one plug into the resonator? If so do i have the wrong hose on there? Where does the bottom hose from the boost solenoid go? Also theres a really small brass connector the new parts (cant remember if its on the resonator or airbox ) But does that one go onto the connector on the inlet mainfold?? (VTA dumpvalve was attach to that connector)

Thanks in advance

Dan
Old 26 November 2009, 07:13 PM
fastmike
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I,l take a pic of mine tomorrow and post it here for you , hth
Old 26 November 2009, 07:16 PM
DDS789
Scooby Regular

Would be great, could you get a couple of angles on it too so i can see other hoses going into both boxes and where they go?

Many thanks

Dan
Old 26 November 2009, 07:27 PM
fastmike
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DDS789
Would be great, could you get a couple of angles on it too so i can see other hoses going into both boxes and where they go?

Many thanks

Dan
yes mate , no problem
Old 26 November 2009, 08:16 PM
w13dle
Scooby Regular

Hi mate,
the main breather pipe (comes off the silver pipe in the pic) Should that one plug into the resonator? this does go to the resonator box as you said but looks like you've just got the hose the wrong way round

Where does the bottom hose from the boost solenoid go? the bottom hose off the solenoid goes to a nipple on the left hand side of the resonator box this will have a small brass restrictor in it

the spare nipple on the inlet i see you have goes to the dump valve or capped off

ive took a couple of pictures but probably not much good to you there abit dark but here they are

Last edited by w13dle; 26 November 2009 at 08:23 PM.
Old 26 November 2009, 09:08 PM
DDS789
Scooby Regular

Great help, those pics were great mate thankyou. After i posted the picture i was looking at it and thoughtit was maybe the wrong way round

This was the set up before, done by previous owner so youll see how it confused me as to where stuff went

The solenoid pipe was just disconnected and routed into a red bull can . The pipe the wrong way round was connected to the resonator delete pipe, home made creation by the look of it lol. And im going back to standard dumpvalve so will be blanking that nipple as you advised.

Thanks again