Notices

mapping/ecus/mappers

Search this Thread

Old 21 November 2009, 02:35 PM
jef
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mapping/ecus/mappers

ive got a v1 sti, it has an hks-fcon piggyback ecu, i think. the cars running 1 bar.

im going to be fitting 440cc injectors a FMIC and ind kit and walbro - obv it will need to be mapped afterwards

what are my best options for mappable cus

ive been looking at andy f in edinburgh he offers the esl live mapping at reasonable price which was my origional plan

i would fit all the bits myself then drive the car to be set up. unless i can get it all done as a package

but are there any other options for me? im hoping to getting 320ish if possible.

ava tuning are very near me and would be handy if i knew they had a good rep for setting up subarus

anyone used them with/without sucess

ot just any tips - im central scotland so as much as i would love to take it down to some of the great guys down south, just doesnt seem to be an option

cheers
Old 21 November 2009, 02:44 PM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

in some cases the great guys will come to you (if you pay) JollyGreenMonster is one who does travel,but you could always drive down to him and have a lot of fun driving back AFTER he's fiddled with it

Andy F and JGM do nearly all the options avaliable for imprezas but it's a matter of how much you can/want to spend,320 bhp will be putting a lot more strain on your gearbox/clutch so they will possibly need toughening up.
Old 21 November 2009, 02:50 PM
jef
Scooby Regular

thanks mate - the clutch has been uprated, and the box ... well it will be when it goes bang lol

i dont drive the car like a nutter, dont launch it or anything, imo you can drive a car fast without killing boxes (to an extent lol)

thanks i will be contacting both tho

the drive up from jgm, does sound like fun haha
Old 25 November 2009, 10:58 PM
jimes
Scooby Regular

i had the fcon piggyback, well still have but i now use the apexi pfc but want a simtek!.......must start saving! you have to be a hks dealer to map the fcon and i dont think theyre that great, the pro might be.