Induction help please.

Search this Thread

Old 13 November 2009, 12:57 PM
jon_wrx_racing
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Induction help please.

Hi,

I have a 53 plate wrx wagon and just bought a japspeed fmic. I now need to change my standard air box for an induction kit, due to pipe work needing to going through it.

I have been looking at the k&n typhoon cold air ram, but after seeing some posts about oil and dry filters not so sure. I am after hp rather than noise. Which ones are going to be better for me?

Also another thing that is on my mind is that as its going into the inner wing were the fmic pipes are going. Isnt that going to be a problem?

All advice will be appreciated.

Thanks Jon
Old 13 November 2009, 03:08 PM
Splitpin
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

K&N filters don't shed their oil so that alone isn't reason to reject one. However, the bottom line seems that, knowing what we do from the other thread, you are going the wrong way here.

The FMIC you've bought doesn't have a brilliant rep, and, worse, it seems you only ordered it because of what you were told by ScoobyClinic after your 301bhp remap. Taking off an excellent TMIC to fit a mediocre front mount doesn't seem like a good move given, as you've found out, the complications it will cause you elsewhere. The best option is probably to return it unopened, stick with your STi top mount and get the car mapped correctly, and producing the sort of ballpark it should be at already.

You are now talking about fitting an induction kit you don't need, because of an FMIC you didn't need, and will ultimately end up with a solution that is more expensive and complex than you require, and that is a long way from the optimal solution for your setup.