Search this Thread

Old 05 November 2009, 10:11 AM
rems
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1993 legacy

hi all i have just joined the site in the hope that you can help

i have a 1993 legacy GL 2.0 4WD non turbo

i have searched around and im guessing that its the EJ20 engine, could somebody confirm this please?

also where abouts can i get performance parts for this engine, if possible to get performance parts for them?

cheers
Old 05 November 2009, 08:21 PM
milliemoo
Scooby Regular

hi m8ty and welcome,yes your legacy should be an ej20.this will be stamped or rather cast into the block under the inlet manifold just behind the alternator area.you can try looking for impreza 2.0 n/t parts as many parts are interchangerable but just double check b4 spending money.i used to have a legacy gtb and loved it.(and a 2.5 model too)try exhaust upgrade and panel filter which should be same as impreza.
Old 06 November 2009, 11:27 AM
rems
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by milliemoo
hi m8ty and welcome,yes your legacy should be an ej20.this will be stamped or rather cast into the block under the inlet manifold just behind the alternator area.you can try looking for impreza 2.0 n/t parts as many parts are interchangerable but just double check b4 spending money.i used to have a legacy gtb and loved it.(and a 2.5 model too)try exhaust upgrade and panel filter which should be same as impreza.
cheers mate

yea i just had a look and i found the stamp and it does say EJ20

where would be the best place to get parts from or the best site to look on if possible? as i have looked all over the internet and i just get sites for turbo mods
Old 06 November 2009, 04:51 PM
milliemoo
Scooby Regular

go for green panel filter for standard airbox or a k&n type filter.as for the exhaust im not entirely sure who would do one.i did my own as im a fabricator by trade and had all the bits available.im not sure exactly how the floorpan in an impreza saloon or poss estate differs to a leggy but the routing of the pipe may not be too different!!.my rear box was very similar to impreza.the box mounting points are the same.maybe you could get close to an impreza and have a look.it may involve some slight modification but it would make the leggy sound nice.a 98 year 2.5 leggy had deeper bumpers with fog lights and skirts.these improve the look too.