Notices

Clock Not Working

Search this Thread

Old 09 October 2009, 09:44 PM
Cheeky_chappers
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clock Not Working

Hi all, the clock on the dash of my newage impreza stopped working today, just went blank.

Checked the fuse (think it was the right one) and it seemed to be fine, changed it anyway but no luck. Still off.

Anyone have this happen before?
Any advice on a fix (including the location of the fuse in case i got the wrong one) would be much appreciated.

Sorry to divert the usual engine/BHP/suspension conversation to something so trivial but it's gonna drive me mad!!!!
Old 09 October 2009, 10:43 PM
bluenose172
Scooby Regular

I've got the same problem, tried swapping the clock out for a 2nd hand one, still same issue. Never really bothered me, so haven't bothered persuing it.
Old 09 October 2009, 11:21 PM
Razorwrx1
Scooby Regular

Hiya guys. Happened to mine in my Bugeye. It's the 510 Resistor in the Clock on the circuit Board. They either get a crack in them, or just fall off. Just solder along there and it should be fine. Did a mates on here for him a while back. Still going strong. The tread's on here somewhere
Old 10 October 2009, 08:30 AM
Cheeky_chappers
Scooby Newbie

so does that mean removing the clock itself then? don't fancy taking the dash apart!!

got a soldering kit so should be an easy fix, can you advise me how to get into where I need to be?
Old 10 October 2009, 02:03 PM
Razorwrx1
Scooby Regular

Yeah it does mate. Just fiddley! Where your clock is on the dash, just pull the plastic surround it's in. It just clips in and out, might need a good pull! Then pull out the Alarm led and un plug the clock power plug. You then should be able to take the clock and the black surround into the house. Turn it upside down and you will see where the clock is held in place. Get
a small flat headed screwdriver and prise the clock from the surround. Tricky but you get there, I even snapped one. Still fits in perfect with the others. The you should have the clock free of the black dash surround. Get another small flat screwdriver and you will see four black small clips that hold the clock in a black Case. Again prise it out, tricky again lol. Once you have done that you should be able to see the circuit board. Look for a resitor called 510, Solder that, put it all back the way the same way. Jobs a golden. Sounds harder than what it is. Think I put a post up on my Club SNOC.CO.UK al have a check for you bud!
Old 10 October 2009, 02:17 PM
Razorwrx1
Scooby Regular

Go to snoc.co.uk you might have to log in/join. It's free and it's a club just for New age imprezas. Brilliant club, and people are really friendly. Once your in, scroll down on the main page till you see faults and fixings. Then you see my clock fix with a link under that. Click that and follow the pics etc. Good luck mate, get stuck just give us a shout again!
Old 10 October 2009, 02:46 PM
Cheeky_chappers
Scooby Newbie

That's excellent guys, really appreciate that!

No doubt I'll be on tomorrow asking how to fix a broken dash!!!

thanks again
Old 10 October 2009, 03:22 PM
Cheeky_chappers
Scooby Newbie

I just checked out SNOD for the fix and it was great! told me exactly what I need to do and had helpful pictures!!

thanks razor!