Notices

Very Rough

Search this Thread

Old 29 September 2009, 06:04 PM
cusackd
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Very Rough

Hi lads im driving a v3 sti its been having some trouble running over the past while and ive only bothered to have a look at it now, i have taken out all plugs on the car that i replaced after the issue but was still having the same problems, i have taken out the plugs again today 3 plugs are full of carbon but one plug is sparkling like it was the day i bought it, there is no smoke coming out of the car to indicate a head gas kit, could this possably be a dodgy fuel injector?? Any help is appriciated thank you.
Old 29 September 2009, 07:49 PM
merlin2002
Scooby Regular

explain rough running abit more? need more details.

from the fact you have a clean sparkplug could indicate a blocked injector, but then again it could be a faulty coil pack

thanks
Rob
Old 29 September 2009, 08:14 PM
cusackd
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by merlin2002
explain rough running abit more? need more details.

from the fact you have a clean sparkplug could indicate a blocked injector, but then again it could be a faulty coil pack

thanks
Rob
Rough being that it doesnt evenly idle or evenly go up the revs also power is very low, when the problem first arose it was going fine one minute then the next it would dramatically reduce power with the effect of reducing boost aswell, when sitiing and a stable rev while moving the boost is jumping up and down about a .25bar. Hope this helps thanks for reply.
Old 29 September 2009, 08:31 PM
merlin2002
Scooby Regular

does sound like 1 of the two problems
I think im right in saying your coilpacks are on top in the middle of the engine?
if so with the clean sparkplug remove it from head and re-attach it to ht lead and use a jump lead connected to the thread and the other end to earth, and have someone crank the engine over to check for spark, if no spark, double check on another ht lead to assure the plug isnt faulty, if it sparks then its more than likely the coilpack!
now if there is a spark from the suspect coilpack then pop the plug back in the head and crank her over without the coilpacks pluged in, then remove the plug and smell for fuel!
get back to us when you have done these test

if anyone this isnt clear feel free to call me 07969408769
regards
Rob