Windscreen washer resevoir.

Search this Thread

Old 13 March 2002, 12:47 PM
Gav_D
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Hi,

Bit of a strange one here! I have had my new DBM MY02 for 2 weeks now, and have come across something strange with the windscreen washer resevoir. After running out of washer fluid the other day I went to fill up the resevoir to the top, only to notice the fluid draining out of what looks like a small valve in the middle front area of the resevoir. The water continued to drain out until the tank ended up half full - it looks as though this small valve should perhaps have something on the end of it to stop the water draining, but perhaps this is only used used by other models that have front light washers ?

Has anyone else come across this, or can anyone check if they have the small valve/tube sticking out from the middle front are of their resevoir without anything blocking the end? Trying to track down a friend with a digital camera, as a photo would be so much better than my explanation of the problem !! Needless to say, there is no problem with the windscreen washers - it is just that I can only fill the resevoir half full.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Cheers

Gavin.