Notices

Opions on 08 STI hatch ppp

Search this Thread

Old 22 September 2009, 04:10 PM
WIZZY2376
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opions on 08 STI hatch ppp

Im interested in the prodrive engine package. I know there seems to be a growing number of hatch STI owners out there who are way ahead of me on this front. So im hoping to get some feed back on how well it works for the money. The price for supply and fit seems to be around £1600 inc vat, has anybody had a better price ? I Was also going to go for the uprated springs at the same time , but i dont want the ride to become to harsh like my last MY04 ? The whole warranty not being effected is a big part of my decision . Sorry for the long ramble any comments would be greatly received . Thanks in advance. John
Old 22 September 2009, 05:25 PM
CP84
Scooby Regular

it does make a difference, not massive but it does seem to pull harder. the main benefit i noticed is that before the ppp the power seemed to die out after 5500rpm whereas now it pulls all the way to the redline. I have read on here that original map can lead to problems but the ppp sorts it out. I had to pay £1700 for mine. you could probably get more gains from other remaps but like you i wanted to keep warranty.
Old 22 September 2009, 07:01 PM
WIZZY2376
Scooby Regular

Thanks for that have you done any more mods ? I really want to change to bigger alloys but cant afford too much more straight away. Id rather have a bit more power first, then do the cosmetic changes later, although i think the bigger wheels might help handling.
Old 22 September 2009, 10:02 PM
CP84
Scooby Regular

The only other thing ive done is change the wheels to prodrive gt1's. Makes the car look much better. Looking at getting prodrive springs next (should improve the handling)and maybe panel filter/induction kit but im not sure what to go for. There is a thread just for the hatches on here so you might get a few ideas from people who know a lot more than me
Old 23 September 2009, 10:00 AM
WIZZY2376
Scooby Regular

Yeah ive seen that thread, it kinda got off topic so wasnt sure if i would of got any where. Ill go over the back topics and see wots wot thanks for the help
Old 23 September 2009, 01:13 PM
Potiriadis
Scooby Regular

Default PPP V Happy

I upgraded from a Bugeye STi to the Hatch STi, and initially I was disappointed. Although empirically the Hatch was faster, it just did not feel it.

After PPP, whole new car. It now sounds like and STi, it now drives like an STi. I know other people have gone custom tuning and got more out of their car, but the PPP conversion was the only one I could get past the insurance company and my wife.

One word warning. The PPP is apparently a new ECU, not just a reflash (according to Prodrive and my dealer). The first ECU I had caused some problems I descibed more fully in an earlier thread. Basicaly putting the car into safe mode. It turns out that the turbo was over boosting in Sports Sharp. Prodrive did a custom map for me to fix the problem, which they apparently rolled out to other customers.

Teething problems aside, I have yet to feel the need for more power.

As for upgrades, as my wife drives the car on the school run, bigger alloys are out of the question. However I am thinking about the Whiteline package from Litchfield Imports from their type 20.
Old 23 September 2009, 01:51 PM
WIZZY2376
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Potiriadis
I upgraded from a Bugeye STi to the Hatch STi, and initially I was disappointed. Although empirically the Hatch was faster, it just did not feel it.

After PPP, whole new car. It now sounds like and STi, it now drives like an STi. I know other people have gone custom tuning and got more out of their car, but the PPP conversion was the only one I could get past the insurance company and my wife.

One word warning. The PPP is apparently a new ECU, not just a reflash (according to Prodrive and my dealer). The first ECU I had caused some problems I descibed more fully in an earlier thread. Basicaly putting the car into safe mode. It turns out that the turbo was over boosting in Sports Sharp. Prodrive did a custom map for me to fix the problem, which they apparently rolled out to other customers.

Teething problems aside, I have yet to feel the need for more power.

As for upgrades, as my wife drives the car on the school run, bigger alloys are out of the question. However I am thinking about the Whiteline package from Litchfield Imports from their type 20.
That sounds good to me , my wife also uses mine quite a bit so i want to keep mine low key, even bought the silver instead of black ( she thought it looked a bit menacing !) Moneys tight so really dont want to waste it . Thanks for the info. If you go for the Litchfield goodies keep us informed need all the help i can get , John