Notices

side skirts

Search this Thread

Old 12 March 2002, 09:48 PM
wrxjoy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Before I jump in and break something, can anyone please tell me how to get the side skirts including the overlap bits into the wheel arches and the rear bits of skirt off a 95 wrx. So I can get some nice paint on them. In anticipation thanks as I realise it may take sometime to type an answer I understand.
ps ain't driving scoobies brill!
Old 14 March 2002, 01:09 PM
Boost II
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To loosen the lining of the front wheel arches there are 2 plastic clips - one is released by turning with a screwdriver, the other requires the middle bit of it to be either pushed right in or pulled out. The whole outer disk of the clips the pulls away. The lower one of these also holds the skirt so needs undoing. There may be a bolt as well further in but I don't think that needs undoing to remove the skirt. The side skirts are then removed by undoing a series of nuts running along the lenght underneath. There are a few plastic "*****" on the back of the skirts which are located in holes on the metalwaork so once you have removed all the nuts underneath you may need to pull the thing around a bit before it just drops away. Don't know how the skirt joins the rear wheel arch, I just had to loosen off these fixtures to fit mudflaps recently.

Not that well described unfortunately but may be of some help when you have a proper look.