Notices

window adjustment screws

Search this Thread

Old 12 March 2002, 01:28 AM
paulwadams_my99
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
following the same theme how much does a new seal cost for the passengers side?
Old 12 March 2002, 10:46 AM
paulwadams_my99
Scooby Regular

and can i buy and put another window clip furter down the window?
Old 14 March 2002, 06:56 AM
CRAFT
Scooby Regular

Talking

Just a thought, take someone out whilst driving and adjusting the screws. If the wind decreases, bingo!! It worked for me, however
forget which way the screws turned, sorry!
Good luck......."I SAID GOOD LUCK"

CRAFT
Old 15 March 2002, 06:19 PM
dpcc
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

I did mine recently and they are much improved ... what I noticed to look for was the position of the back top corner of the window when the window was wound up with the door closed, compared to the position it sprung too when u opened the door.

There are 2 bolts at the top one front and one rear, these have metal plates on the back and should be mounted in slide holes to allow adjustment. From memory I mainly adjusted the front one to allow the front of the window to come up slightly higher.

I also found the window motor bolts were loose ... (1 out of 4 the thread had gone so wouldn't tighten).

Hope this helps you! It certainly quietened mine down a lot!

David
MY98 Turbo
Old 15 March 2002, 09:43 PM
paulwadams_my99
Scooby Regular

Cheers for the help.

I know what u mean with the position of the window when closed as opposed to shutting the door. They are completely different! I, have had a complete nightmare getting the two to be the same once I had adjusted them...sigh...

as far as i can tell screw 1 seemed to move the window < > whilst 2 moved the top left of the window up and down. Screws 3 and 4 seem to almost the same thing. One of them definately brings the window in though to the point it sticks to the rubber guard near the wing mirror.

Anyway, I got it back close to being the same when opening and shutting the window as closing the door. My problem was wind coming in the top left corner under speed. I have resolved it by stuffing loads of turbo tube behind the seal pushing it out. This has made a consderable difference although I still think its still a little more drafty than I would like. I am gonna try for a new seal under warranty.

Craft, the trouble when i tried that is that you have to have the door panel off whilst driving and all you can hear is draft then anyway.

Cheers

Paul.

[Edited by paulwadams_my99 - 3/15/2002 9:45:47 PM]

[Edited by paulwadams_my99 - 3/15/2002 9:46:25 PM]
Old 03 November 2002, 11:17 PM
paulwadams_my99
Scooby Regular

Question

Posted in interior but no reply so i'll try my luck here.

I have been getting bad wind, burp, coming in the passengers window from about 60mph and up. Its driving me crazy. Anway I took the door trim off and played with the four screws. Oops, if anything its slightly worse. Does anyone know exactly what each screw does?

There are two on the left and two on the right. It would be nice if its as simple as

screw 1 moves <
screw 2 brings in etc

Any help graftefuly received but please hurry cos i'm going partially deaf in my left ear and my passenger's arn't that good anymore either.

Thanks

P

[Edited by paulwadams_my99 - 3/11/2002 11:19:21 PM]