Differences between bugeyes

Search this Thread

Old 25 August 2009, 11:36 AM
wacko_jacko
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Differences between bugeyes

Hi All,

I am looking at bugeyes but insuring a turbo is a bit of a b*tch atm so was wondering the difference between the non turbos and turbos (obviously the turbo bit) but i take it would be tuned differently? Anyone know how easy it would be to bolt a turbo on?

thanks
Old 25 August 2009, 11:58 AM
hughes741
Scooby Regular

doing that would make it more expensive to insure than a turbo unless you plan on not informing the insurance company
Old 25 August 2009, 12:24 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

It's not worth the aggro unless you are deliberately defrauding the insurance company....

Naughty !

Having said that if you buy a damaged WRX and strip the ecu wiring loom and engine + ancillaries.... then it's just a matter of transplanting it all.

HTH

dunx
Old 25 August 2009, 01:02 PM
Myles
Scooby Regular

Dont do it........if you want the WRX then suck the insurance/fuel/servicing up. It is just a case of conveniently forgetting what you spend on your car, thats what I do, and it makes it all the sweeter. How old are you Wacko?
Old 26 August 2009, 10:28 AM
wacko_jacko
Scooby Regular

Ok cheers, im 19 so the 2 years no claims has made the non turbo do able for insurance but not the WRX so was looking for alternatives as apposed to changing cars when insurance does come down more..am doing a motorsport engineering course which i why i got onto this track of adding a turbo later on myself with the skills i wud hopefully learn.
Old 26 August 2009, 10:58 AM
Myles
Scooby Regular

I dont want to p1ss on your chips, but any motorsport mechanic worth his salt would recommend you dont go down the route of modding a Sport to get WRX levels of performance. If you really hanker for a WRX or STi, then wait until you can really afford one. Why dont you buy something cheap that will keep your interest while you get a couple more years NCB. Difficult to find in good condition now, but I owned a Clio 16v (the 1.8 137BHP version around a J plate) Cheaper to insure, quite quick in standard form, and handles well. Something like Renault : Renault Clio 16v - 9 mths MOT - **FULLY STANDARD**

It will seem like forever until you get your Impreza, but you can invest the money you save on insurance, and spend it on mods, not putting it in that fricking Meerkats furry pocket.
Old 26 August 2009, 01:20 PM
wacko_jacko
Scooby Regular

haha thanks its good to get advice and opinions from people who own them. My college when i start there has links with WRC and soemtimes get placements there so hope i can get one with them as well to start learning bits. haha think i will need to work out how wyas of stealing petrol tankers before i get a wrx too!