Search this Thread

Old 23 August 2009, 01:43 PM
Scoobynodd
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust conversion....?

Hi gang,

Right, bare with me on this one lol

....I used to own a UK '96 impreza turbo. I did eventually get a full 3" exhaust system made for it, but it actually came with an aftermarket system of some unknown origin (but it was a touch too 'mild' for me lol) that has a rather large but pleasent-looking oval back box.

Now, jumping forward to the present, I'm once again due to be returning to the world of scoobs. *touching wood" hoping all goes well, either Monday or Tuesday night I'll be the proud owner of a virtually standard '04 blobeye. When I say 'virtually' the only mod is an STi rear wing!

So..... being of a hoarder's disposition (tight-assed) I'm a bugger for holding onto stuff, I decided to have a rummage through the garage, and found, amongst other things, the oval back-boxed system that I removed from my old classic. Now it actually has a flange missing (so for starters I'd need to have a new one made up), it's the one that on a classic would join the centre section to the dp, but I'm wondering if it would be possible to adapt the system to fit the blobeye to give me a 'halfway house' system until I buy a propper one. Or is just going to be too different?

Let me know what you think folks

Nod
Old 24 August 2009, 07:07 PM
34srm
Scooby Regular

system is almost the same just one ov the exhaust hangers is the wrong way round so abit ov cutting and welding and your on a winner
Old 25 August 2009, 05:52 AM
Scoobynodd
Scooby Regular

Ohh great stuff, good to know! cheers 34srm