Notices

Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 06 August 2009, 05:38 PM
Lukey-M
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Conversion

Hey just needing a bit of advice lads.. iv got a version 2 wrx with version 2 sti running gear in it including a limited slip diff. unfortunately this has been involved in an accident ruining the chassis. iv also got another subaru (MY00 sport). im wanting to put all the running gear into that as that has a blown bottom end. my reason for this is that 6 days prior to the crash i had the engine rebuilt by paul stabler in darlington, also along with a new clutch. the gearbox was rebuilt not so long ago. i have spent way too much money on both cars just to let them both go for silly money. id rather make 1 car out of the 2 (not a ringer haha ).

the issues i think im going to have is with the wiring (different dash's) and the ABS (would remove if it would make the conversion easier. a few other things i need to know is, is the subframes different on both cars or the same? and are the electric wing mirrors easy to install into the loom?

by the way the wrx is MY95 and the port is MY00. the feedback i got on imprezasport.net was to just buy a rough turbo, but finacially that isnt possible, plus i rele like my sport.. but love the turbo. so the only option im going to take is making the sport a turbo.

any input would be greatly appreciated.

Luke
Old 06 August 2009, 07:19 PM
mbd sti2
Scooby Regular

bad luck your having fella it can be done but it is by no means a straight swap it will be easier to buy a turbo car and cheaper if you cant do it yourself but the only way look at it is with enough time and or money it can be done but its a huge task nothing is the same really other than the body shell sorry cant give better news, if you can do it on your own without paying labour costs i may be worth it but then the insurance wll be an issue as the sport becomes a modified turbo car again a cost increase

good luck
Old 08 August 2009, 08:29 AM
Lukey-M
Scooby Regular

i will be able to do most of the work myself so that wouldnt be a problem. i just need to know if cross member is the same on each car or if it different on the turbo (just so i could purchase another 1). basically ill be stripping both cars completely and transfering to the sport. if any one could point me in the right direction for a wiring diagram for both cars id be able to do all the electronic part myself anorl. Cheers
Old 08 August 2009, 09:55 AM
slipstream_uk
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Use the links in my sig line
Old 08 August 2009, 10:29 AM
smokingkills
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by slipstream_uk
Use the links in my sig line
Not sure how that helps the lad.
Old 08 August 2009, 12:40 PM
slipstream_uk
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by smokingkills
Not sure how that helps the lad.
"if any one could point me in the right direction for a wiring diagram for both cars"