Notices

STi spec...

Search this Thread

Old 28 July 2009, 10:20 PM
GTW
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STi spec...

I know its prob been covered a million times, but what has the STI got which the WRX hasnt. Blobeye My2003 2.0l Turbo is the model in question.

Upto now i can think of.
Larger Intercooler
Larger Vf34 Turbo
Bigger injectors
Bigger fuel pump
Better internals (which parts differ?)
Brembos front and rear
Larger arb's (anybody know the size)

Basically im not happy with how the scooby WRX my2003 drives, But It only cost me 5k I know it has never been crashed and i know its been looked after pretty well. And its red

I had every intention of modifing the car anyway to my spec from the day i bought it with:

330mm 6 pot brakes braided *not sure on rears*
8jx17 wheels with GSD3 tyres
24mm Arb's and uprated droplinks
3" japspeed exhaust system with full decat
AEM intake
STI intercooler
Obv remap

And work from there.

Going off the assumption the STI will be another 3-4k layout my03 and the parts on said car will be at least 5-6year old would it not be a better option to basically bring the wrx spec up using brand new parts.
Im sure every WRX owner goes threw this same thing lol. I dont want it to replicate an sti but even if i did buy an sti would things like the brakes/arbs tyres etc would still need to be modified. Not too fussed about looks in honesty as i'm a body lad and its being painted soon. I need to make my mind up and either go for gold and paint it or keep saving for a 6month and get an sti

Any thoughts info etc.
Cheers

Last edited by GTW; 28 July 2009 at 10:21 PM.
Old 29 July 2009, 12:19 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

Insurance !

Can you get cover for an STI at a sensible price ? If so hold on, buy one and modify it.... you know you will.

If not upgrade your WRX, start with suspension and brakes, then chase the extra horsepower, you know it makes sense.

HTH

dunx
Old 29 July 2009, 12:37 PM
GTW
Scooby Regular

There was only £200 difference to insure a sti over the wrx tbh matey, Im just thinking It will be 3-4k ontop of the "wrx"5k and then another 2-3k modifying the sti so it seemed a bit more sensible to bring the handeling on the wrx well upto scratch with new parts, Power atm isnt really a problem i think 300-350 on a road car will be more than enough. Im guessing a lot has to do with the 6speed box/internals of the sti and driveterrain.
Old 29 July 2009, 01:06 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dunx
Insurance !

Can you get cover for an STI at a sensible price ? If so hold on, buy one and modify it.... you know you will.

If not upgrade your WRX, start with suspension and brakes, then chase the extra horsepower, you know it makes sense.

HTH

dunx
Note modded cars are more expensive to insure - a modded WRX will cost more than an STi, for example.