Notices

DCCD Light Flashing

Search this Thread

Old 26 July 2009, 12:10 PM
SuperSG
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DCCD Light Flashing

Hi i just wondered if anyone can help .I have an 07 hawkeye ,yesterday i changed my steering wheel ,disconnected the battery took off original steering wheel and fitted an aftermarket Momo item ,with a bit of modification to the hub to allow for the connectors to go through it,tightened everything up connected the horn,sweet job done.Reconnected the battery ,key in ignition and started her up and now the DCCD warning light is flashing .Hopefully this is just electrical as the car hasn't been driven since wednesday prior to the steering wheel change .Just hoping someone can help as i've only had the car 3 weeks ,and am now concerned about driving it just in case it does more damage.Would be very grateful for any help.
Old 26 July 2009, 04:25 PM
Butty
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Either the yellow/black connector ring assembly is out of position or isn't rotating with the new steering wheel.
The DCCD ECU needs a steering wheel angle input to work, otherwise it shuts down.

Solution is to add something to the new wheel so it moves the connector ring or to re-position the ring back in its correct position ( assuming internal wires haven't ripped due to over rotation).

Isn't the airbag light also on if its a non-airbag steering wheel?

Nick