Notices

Oil Leak concerns...

Search this Thread

Old 22 June 2009, 09:56 AM
jtanner
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil Leak concerns...

So i have had my scooby nearlly a year now (P - 1997) and has been running sweet - few hickups here & there (replaced throttle cable, top rad hose burst, had Simon remap it) but all in all sweet as.... anyway, my Brother had a go yesterday and gave it a fair bit of abuse (followed by a smack round the head from me).... now i may be being paranoid, but the car had stood on the driove for about 3 hours after, and when i left to go home, there was some oil on the drive - fresh - so definatley from the scooby! - prob about a 15cm round diameter, just off center - to the right. Instant panic lol - but my dad said it *could* be its dumped some oil from a hard ragging. Anyway, i got home, parked up for the night, and obv up and off to work this morning, now, there is more oil, but this time its minimal - about the size of a jaffa cake lol - maybe 5cm? its a bout a 3rd of what was on my dad's drive.

Should i be panicking?? anyone got any advice.

Its hard to pinpoint location, as i cant see it drip, all i know is its about half way between center of car and driver side edge.

Any thoughts or advice greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance

James

=============

UPDATE: I take it back, its pretty much slap bang in the middle, almost directly inline with centre of wheels too... looks like a square shaped metal part its dripping off (i realise it cud be dripping from somewhere else, and making its way down that)..... but its center of car, inline with centre of wheels if the makes sense....

Last edited by jtanner; 22 June 2009 at 02:02 PM. Reason: update