Notices

2005 WRX Decat fitted now

Search this Thread

Old 17 June 2009, 01:58 AM
peterwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 WRX Decat fitted now

hi all new member my name is peter ive got a 2005 wrx blobeye still finding my way around sorry if this is in the wrong section.

just a quick question i fitted a rear box and centre section (3rd decat) every thing was fine. then late last week i fitted the 2nd decat pipe and now the car seems to be smoking from the exhaust is this normal after the cat have been removed ? i also hae the first decat to fit and k&n panel filter just waiting for them to be delivered will this make it smoke even more?

i will then be getting it remapped was meant to be thursaday but had to cancel as i want to do the turbo etc first.

thanks in advance peter..
Old 17 June 2009, 01:09 PM
harrisard
Scooby Regular

hi i have a 03 wrx blob a ive fully de catted it and didnt have any smoke! was the de cat pipe that you fitted second hand if so it may have been on a car with a blown turbo and therefore had oil inside the pipe an it might just be burning off as this happened to me once with my r5 gtt!

hope this may be of some help harri.....
Old 17 June 2009, 03:26 PM
peterwrx
Scooby Regular

hi thanks for the reply no the exhaust is brand new stainless steel.. strange as it was not smoking before i fitted the decat seem to be when i first start it thought it might have been the lambda sorting itself out because there no cat there but didnt think it should smoke.