What Mod Next????

Search this Thread

Old 12 June 2009, 07:18 PM
jiffthejiffmanjaffa
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Mod Next????

Hi all,

I've got a classic Jap Import WRX Impreza which I've had for around 2 years now. I use it as my daily drive, but it doesn't get used a great deal around 5-6k a year.

I had a mad modding session a short while after buying it, and I've since stalled. Thing is the modding bug has bitten again but I'm not sure what route to go.

Firstly the car will remain a daily drive, its my only car. I won't be going near a track but I may do the old 0-60sec or 1/4mile.

At the moment the car is running 0.9-1.3peak on a standard TD05 turbo. The engine internals and gearbox are all standard.

The bolt on's include a 3'' revolution centre exhaust and back box with a bell mouth Hayward and Scott down pipe, matched with a set of scooby sport equal lenght headers and a flexi joint up pipe.

It has an Apexi power FC and commander along with a AVC-r, Apexi power intake, 550 injectors and SX FPR.

I have a monster FMIC with hard pipe kit and a HKS SSQV.

I think thats about it, apart from the odd bit of chrome.

My thoughts were getting my down pipe twisted to help air flow and as a furture mod for a bigger turbo, maybe a MD321T.

I'm thinking of relocating the battery to the boot fitting an oil catch tank in its place and an eletric power steering pump to allow me to rotate the inlet manifold and still keep the air con. Further to that I was thinking or flipping the FMIC and reducing the pipework to suit.

Now with all that done, I don't think I can do any more without going internal??

But what route, do I get a set of V3 STi heads and 2.5 bottome end, or stroking the 2.0 bottom I have with a HKS kit?? or another route.

I don't want to spend shed loads, but I know its gonna knock on the door of 2grand what ever I do.

Thoughts.
Old 12 June 2009, 09:49 PM
jiffthejiffmanjaffa
Scooby Regular

BTTT
Old 13 June 2009, 08:10 PM
jiffthejiffmanjaffa
Scooby Regular

BTTT