New Owner Questions

Search this Thread

Old 15 May 2009, 05:11 PM
gbscoob
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Owner Questions

Hi

Just bought a 55 reg hawk eye Subaru Impreza WRX STi, or a blue car as my wife points out

It has coil overs fitted, unfortunately, as I wanted a totally standard one. It's been lowered on these, which I want to get raised back up to the normal height so I don't hit kerbs when parking. Just about clears the one at work.

Having never owned one before, but always admired, there are a few questions I have. I've taken a gander around the forums, but either the posts are too technical or I just couldn't find anything.

If anyone could answer these in a non-technical manner, I'd greatly appreciate it.

1. When would I ever use the water spray? Only if I'm tanking it something rotten?

2. The center diff. It's set to auto. I read that you can achieve a lot more grip by knowing how to use it. However, for just normal driving, or moderate fast driving round country roads, would i just leave it as Auto?

3. When I drive really slowly to park, turning the wheels whilst still moving slow, makes a sound like I have a flat tyre - which I don't. Is this normal? The turning circle is terrible, but I was told to expect that.

Many thanks in advance.
Old 15 May 2009, 05:22 PM
happydude303
Scooby Regular

i can tell you what the water spray is for and thats to keep the temperature of the air flow down, when your sat about in traffic and wanting a quick nice pull of or your about to do some good over taking move hit that button and hit will help give the pull your looking for, oh and this diff thing i dont have that option but i here you can put more power to the rear which means more rear wheel fun and that cant be a bad thing
Old 15 May 2009, 05:24 PM
gbscoob
Scooby Newbie

Hi thanks for the reply.

So if I hit that button, do I have to hit it again to disengage it? Or is it a time limited feature?
Old 15 May 2009, 05:30 PM
happydude303
Scooby Regular

yet again i do not have this option on mine but i have a front mount now but i think you hit it and then it will just stop or if its a switch then you will need to turn it off
Old 15 May 2009, 11:46 PM
gbscoob
Scooby Newbie

Thanks. Does anyone who has this model know?
Old 19 May 2009, 08:05 AM
gbscoob
Scooby Newbie

Well thanks to everyone who replied.

I found that if I set the diff to fully open on manual when doing my slow manoevering and parking then the "flat tyre" syndrome goes away.

I'll see if there is another forum who can answer my questions.

P.S. Thanks Happy Dude.
Old 20 May 2009, 12:15 AM
radboy69
Scooby Regular

have a tyre r with same features, when i press water spray i lasts about 2 seconds then ends on its own also having diff fully locked feels like u have flat tyre when cornering at low speeds check the forums for diff use it tells u all u need 2 know mate.