Notices

Non turbo classic exhaust back box replacement

Search this Thread

Old 14 May 2009, 09:49 PM
moreteagaffer
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Non turbo classic exhaust back box replacement

Hello, finally the site I have been looking for, I wonder if anyone can help me?

I own a 1999 Classic impreza which is a 2.0i Sport - non turbo.

I will need to replace the back box on the exhaust soon and want to know if the turbo cars back boxes off the same age impreza's are compatible with the non turbo or are they a different size?

What options do I have for a replacement back box?

Sorry for my complete lack of technical knowledge. I am hoping someone will know more than me.

Many thanks for any help.

Dylan
Old 14 May 2009, 10:26 PM
SILVERSCOOB81
Scooby Regular

hello mate the hangers on the backbox should be the same for both turbo & non turbo just check the bore size of your current exhaust so you can check the pipes will mate up . scoobyworld do a nice back box called the Racebox its not to loud on tickover but sounds great at high revs check out there site mate www.scoobyworld.co.uk/com not sure which off the top of my head

good luck matey
Old 14 May 2009, 10:27 PM
bigbarry04
Scooby Regular

my friend had a 2004 gx sport and fitted the backbox off of a 2003 wrx, no problems at all, straight fit. apperently with some sport models the turbo cat back system (backbox, mid pipe) can fit the non turbo. the differences between the turbo exhaust are the unequal manifolds (sport has equal) downpipe (sport doesnt have turbo just comes from engine) and i am not sure about the 2nd cat? sorry for the vague describtion. if your thinking of buying one, try and get the buyer to fit it, there and thenm so you dont buy one that doesnt fit.
Old 17 August 2009, 11:39 AM
Scooby_Razz
Scooby Regular

hi moreteagaffer, in case you havnt found an exhaust for you non-turbo .. ive got a scooby sport back box that was designed for a non turbo. looks and sounds great!.. ive now listed it on ebay if you want to have a look at the pics..

Subaru Impreza Sport Exhaust - Scooby Sport Back Box on eBay (end time 27-Aug-09 00:44:15 BST)