help

Search this Thread

Old 14 May 2009, 04:06 PM
scott101
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help

hey everyone im new here nd need some help

ive got a 1993 jap import impreza. had a few problem with it mainly puting it into garages that dont know what they are doing with them. ive now got it all sorted apart from its started cutting out on me. This only realy happens when i put my foot down. if i drive it nicely it seems to be ok.

ive been told that it will probably be my coil pack. but a garage told me it was my knock sensor having changed that it still did it. so ive unplugged it for now.

does anyone have any ideas. or could say weather it might be the coil pack or not. aslo does it have a coil pack for each cylinder or just one.

any help would be nice

thank scott
Old 14 May 2009, 06:33 PM
l8_taa
Scooby Regular

It could be fuel cut. Have you got a sports cat fitted? If so the turbo could be spooling quicker and overboosting?
Old 14 May 2009, 06:42 PM
OBXR Rick
Scooby Newbie

If you have a mate who owns a smiliar car, whip his off oil pack off his and try it on your car, Im lucky that my dad has the same year and model a me so we jut swap parts over till we find the problem. could save you a coule of quid.

1)Check the main earth wire from the battery to the chasis,
2)reset ECU.
3)run some injector cleaner through the car
4)check the main input lead is in the coil pack properly. not while running, must stress.

my mate has a import wrx 96, his coil pack went I will ask him what happend to his. symptoms etc
Old 14 May 2009, 06:43 PM
Glowplug
Scooby Regular

Plug the knock sensor back in and reset the ECU, if you have problems after a reset then check the fault codes.

How to here:

JollyGreenMonster.co.uk