Notices

fitting mods and mapping Q's.

Search this Thread

Old 12 May 2009, 05:07 PM
hirsty
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fitting mods and mapping Q's.

I will be getting an 03 plate STI with ppp very shortly. I have got an RCM system from downpipe to backbox fully decatted, RCM MAF filter and turbosmart BOV to go on.

My plans are to get 650cc injectors, MD321t and FMIC at christmas.

i also am looking to upgrade the Fuel pump for a bosch item.

here are my list of questions:

1. What fuel pump is recommended for the above set-up?

2. after fitting my exhaust, filter and BOV i am pretty sure it will need mapping, can anyone be recommended from the kent/london area?

3. Is it worth having the fuel pump fitted with the exhaust, filter and bov so it can be mapped togeather?

4. Would the following set-up be able to run and be mapped on the standard ECU?

5. Last but not least, how much would fitting a fuel pump and BOV cost as im pretty sure i can do the exhasut and filter myself?

Sorry for the essay and thanks in advance for replies. Much appreciated.
Old 12 May 2009, 05:49 PM
coops78
Scooby Regular

I'm not 100% but i'm sure that the ppp kit on the sti included an uprated fuel pump which was a rebranded walbro pump. From what i have read a walbro should be good for 400bhp. If you feel confident fitting the exhaust you shouldn't have any problem fitting the bov. As for mapping a few of my friends have used JGM and highly rate him. I'm sure someone will confirm if i correct on the above.

Are you leaving the prodrive sports cat on which is part of the ppp kit ?

Dave

Last edited by coops78; 12 May 2009 at 05:50 PM.
Old 12 May 2009, 09:10 PM
daijones
Scooby Regular

Fitting a fuel pump is a bit of a pain in the **** but not tricky, instructions are given on Jolly Green Monster's web site:
JollyGreenMonster.co.uk
Personally I was happy fitting the fuel pump, but wouldn't think of changing an exhaust myself I did find having a mate on hand was handy

I haven't done it myself, but I'd have thought fitting the BOV would be easy, just take the old one off and bolt the new one on, making sure the hoses go in the right place? Like I said, haven't done it myself but when I took my intercooler off I had to remove the BOV, and I couldn't see anything to suggest it would be complicated.

No need for a remap after fitting a fuel pump, so you could do that now or leave it till later. Pretty much everyone goes for a Walbro 255lph unit, including Prodrive. The PPP came with a walbro pump in some years, but I can't remember which years those were, I don't think it was all. A search on here should tell you

D
Old 12 May 2009, 10:42 PM
Turbotits
Scooby Regular

i would fit a fuel pump with the exhaust and filter and bov if you choose to although the bov isnt going to give you any bhp gains just noise.

The original ecu can be mapped, simon as mentioned above id reccomend for that. the first map is a little expensive as the software lisence has to be paid for.

then when your ready to fit the other parts give simon a call to come map it again
Old 13 May 2009, 01:36 PM
hirsty
Scooby Regular

will be totally decatting mate, better sound