petrol issues???

Search this Thread

Old 26 April 2009, 07:41 PM
scoobyspirit
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default petrol issues???

i all,

i have had a new cobra 4" tail pipe fitted and decat the second pipe. the problem is i seem to be buring a lot of petrol, however it was doing so before the exhaust change. anyway i have not had the car more that 2 months and it did not seem bad on Petrol untill about 2 - 3 weeks ago. i an also atarted to get a strong smell of petrol. there is a dump valve fiited to the car when i got it and i know there are mixed feeling about them as to weather they do anything ot just make a lot of noise.

any advise would be great. i live in north west london if anyone knows a good place that dont charge too much to go over everything to make sure all is good.

a lot there any help would be great.
Old 26 April 2009, 08:12 PM
360ste
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As you are getting a smell of petrol. With the engine running have a look round the engine bay having started the engine from cold, this way you will see andsmell if there is a fuel leak in the engine bay. Also have a look in the back right hand corner (that is when looking into the bgoot) of the boot. Having lifted the carpet, there could be a panel that is secured by 4 screws (it is on my bugeye). Unscrew the screws and lift the panel this will allow you to check the hoses and te seal on the sender unit for leaks.