Notices

Mystery locking

Search this Thread

Old 07 April 2009, 08:31 AM
hugebear
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mystery locking

Just purchased a 1993 Liberty Wagon for my daughter. The Central locking has just locked itself while driving along for no apparent reason. The locking is only working on the driver's door and the locking button is stiff. With a baby and a 4 year old in car she is worried about getting locked in or out. Already she has been locked out but boot was open. Any ideas to fix or prevent?
Old 07 April 2009, 09:30 AM
Glowplug
Scooby Regular

Has it got a aftermarket alarm fitted? Mine did the same when i first got it, turned out to be 'passive locking' setting on the alarm, turned it off pain in the ***.
Old 07 April 2009, 10:16 AM
arumdevil
Scooby Regular

has it locked while the car was stationary with the engine off? if so sounds like a malfunction but either way it's probably an aftermarket alarm system. Had this on a saab I bought which had a clifford concept 650 alarm - it locked the doors once the car got over 2000rpm. I unlocked it again once the engine was turned off. If you have the user pin for the alarm you should be able to disable this feature.
Old 07 April 2009, 09:17 PM
hugebear
Scooby Newbie

Default Not sure about alarm

Thanks, I havent seen an alarm nor did the sellers mention it but there is a blinking led light low on right hand side of dash. I will have a better look tomorrow when I can get hold of daughter's car. Should I disable alarm if there is one. It may be one of those "pretend" alarms, nothing but a led to fool would be thieves.
Old 08 April 2009, 01:21 PM
Glowplug
Scooby Regular

I would have a good look around mate, poss try and trace the wire[s] from the led and see where they go, if its a pukka alarm/immob then they should lead to a control box, this will then give you more of an idea what your dealing with. Take it there is no fob on the key ring or stickers on the glass??
Usual place for the control unit is behind drivers or passenger lower dash or even center consol
Old 11 April 2009, 11:28 PM
hugebear
Scooby Newbie

Default Imobilisit Imobiliser

There is a sticker in drivers window saying Imobilisit Immobiliser and a flashing red led on right hand side of dash. I have a fob too but it only works on driver's door but latch is so stiff you can hear mechanism try to work but it sticks. How can I free it up?
Old 12 April 2009, 12:06 AM
arumdevil
Scooby Regular

take the door card off and lubricate the mechanism - check for broken parts while your in there...