Notices

is it reasonable......

Search this Thread

Old 06 April 2009, 08:41 PM
chart pattern
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is it reasonable......

... to expect a dealership to diagnose and repair a bearing noise (under warranty) within 5 days? a month? or longer? Personally, i would think a day given they knew the history beforehand. I ask as a new member who knows only a little about mechanics, what is reasonable?, and anyone reading this will see i am choosing words carefully!!

ftr, i am 10 months and counting after cockup after cockup after cockup and in that time i have not had use of my car for over 5 months
Old 06 April 2009, 09:02 PM
bigchap
Scooby Regular

what bearing we talkin about?
Old 06 April 2009, 09:06 PM
slowbloke
Scooby Regular

fire bomb the bas**** then take them for sellin not fit for porpuse or vice /vercrse!
Old 06 April 2009, 09:06 PM
99greenwagon
Scooby Regular

i would be extremely p****d off,regardless to what bearing it is,that is a joke,i would be well on their case!
Old 06 April 2009, 09:15 PM
MK2VTR8VALVE
Scooby Regular

What bearing is it????

I developed a big end knock inside 400 miles after buying a car from Keighley and under the sales of goods act they had to stand over the rebuild as it was not fit for purpose.

Your well within your rights to do this so long as you bought from a dealer.
Old 06 April 2009, 11:35 PM
chart pattern
Scooby Newbie

bearing was the right rear hub, not anything to do with the gearbox which was opened 3 times, had needless repairs (with the wrong parts as it turned out) and has caused nothing but grief ever since. Car at time of presentation was 20m old, had done 40k and was new purchased from said dealer.

Whole episode an appalling enditement of dealer incompetance; they are nearing the end of a 28day notice of court proceedings - they haven't replied. Have demanded a new car as replacement but of course that won't happen.

Last saw my car on 1st March as it was heading for another repair (different dealer!! as still in warranty). I won't allow another repair and am now waiting for a new gearbox courtesy of IM. Bit hacked off with them as as far as they are concerned, that is it; i will be back on the road, shame there doesn't appear to be a one in the UK and i have to wait in limbo!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, what now, Trading Standards not intersted, all i can do is Small Claims Court, but that limits me to £5k, not sure i want to risk bigboy court.

Last edited by chart pattern; 06 April 2009 at 11:37 PM. Reason: missed word hub
Old 07 April 2009, 09:57 PM
bigchap
Scooby Regular

to answer your original question that would of taken any mechanic which i am
a quick drive round the block or jack up and spin wheel so ten minutes at most.
usual dealer ship mechanics,havn,t got a clue.demand brand new gearbox and clutch(get proof of new clutch fitted)them small claims ,£5k is better than nothing.threatin them with your local rag or the judge in sunday mail.
Old 07 April 2009, 11:28 PM
chart pattern
Scooby Newbie

letter received today by coincidence - playing for time etc, usual bollox, having to go through records, want further details of claim...............

bigchap, thanks, good point re clutch, it is excessively worn also . I hit £5k all too easily without that; desperate to start process and hear their defence, they can explain there. I think 28days is plenty notice. Assuming i get a judgemnt i can be more open about who, when etc and i will make sure the Shropshire Star gets full details, it is a sorry tale