Notices

im now devastated

Search this Thread

Old 05 April 2009, 05:52 PM
-ant-
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default im now devastated

Well i got rid of my wrx over 4 months ago biggest mistake ill ever make, got rid of her after a full perfect fresh respray when everything was perfect since then ive been trying to get my self another impreza but had no luck selling my golf and now just last night it gave up on me during a spirted drive home the oil light came on and the engine just started knocking a tapping and looks as tho the turbo has died at the same time as thats making funny noises to.
I feel sick it now works out with what i spent making my impreza and buying it ive no lost over 6k in 4months and im left with nothing and its not worth attempting to fix it as ill just lose more money on it looks as tho its going to be long time before im back now.
Old 05 April 2009, 06:08 PM
joz8968
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Yeah,sounds like you've had an oil pump failure - or just really low on oil - which caused an engine big-end and turbo thrust brearing/shaft interface to run dry, hence both catastrophic symptoms.

Sorry to hear that .

Last edited by joz8968; 05 April 2009 at 06:11 PM.
Old 05 April 2009, 06:22 PM
-ant-
Scooby Regular

Yeah definatley whats happped oil was perfect changed the oil a few weeks ago and had just checked it all that morning to.
lost all faith in vag now ive owned 4 golfs now the first one had the same issue and died the second one died on oil failure and done somthing on the top end to the 3rd also died on oil pressure to and worn rings they where all mk3s the 4th and final one had has died top bottom and turbo and that was a mk4. Ive had about 20 cars as like to just change and ive never had issues with any other car as much as i have with volkswagens.
Im rating them completly unrealibe from now on.
So far my mates s3 had pressure issues turbo and flywheel , his golf turbo had pressure issues and gearbox and flywheel probs to ive had the same issues and my mate dan has a passsat turbo to and his had a noisey top to wich is due to the cam lobes that are common to wear as well and my mates seat ibiza fr had lots of electrical issues and so did my mates old 98 mk3 tdi wich once again devloped nasty noises on the top.
Old 05 April 2009, 06:41 PM
joz8968
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by -ant-
..lost all faith in vag now...

Will you now be batting for the other side then? (sorry, couldn't resist ).

What you need is a Integra DC2 or DC5 - the bloody lumps in those cars are virtually indestuctable - so long as you give them regular oil/fillter changes. Amazing, esp. given their mentalist high-revving VTEC valve control.

My mate had a DC2 for 5 years and, as befits the nature of that engine, showed it no mercy. He had to replace NOTHING on the engine (but did have to have his 'box rebuilt - which isn't surprising the way he treats transmissions )

However, I'm sure the ridiculous NA-delivered 131lb ft won't float your boat... after experiencing turbo torque.

Last edited by joz8968; 05 April 2009 at 07:09 PM.
Old 05 April 2009, 06:45 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

Or you are expecting too much of a standard production car ?
Did you have an oil temperature/pressure gauge ?
Was it running at std. boost ?
Do you drive it like you stole it ?

Shame, but serial killers are identified by their M.O., good luck with the buses.

dunx
Old 05 April 2009, 07:04 PM
-ant-
Scooby Regular

expecting a gti the car was mapped and no i didnt drive it like i stole it but still when the time was right i did drive it hard but at the end of day the its a gti what use is a gti if it cant be had fun in there the only cars ive ever had trouble with even my old rovers were more realible. i had my impreza 9 months and never had a issue other than a worn clutch and broken actuator i loved the thing i did about a 1000 ish miles a month in it and generaly took it out of a weekend and had some fun never missed a beat that thing, also helped the fact it had never missed a service in its entire life to
Old 05 April 2009, 07:05 PM
joz8968
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dunx
...good luck with the buses.
Very unfeeling.

But funny.
Old 05 April 2009, 07:52 PM
-ant-
Scooby Regular

Sorry people just realised ive posted in the wrong section i do appolagise.
Old 05 April 2009, 08:20 PM
joz8968
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by -ant-
Sorry people just realised ive posted in the wrong section i do appolagise.
Well, I was gonna mention it. But thought you were upset enough already, to have to endure some idiot pompously going, "You do realise that you've posted in the wrong forum?".

Last edited by joz8968; 05 April 2009 at 08:22 PM.
Old 05 April 2009, 08:51 PM
-ant-
Scooby Regular

lol yeah did meen to post here just general chat tho miss posting on here miss the place lot more friendly than most forums.
Old 05 April 2009, 09:50 PM
s70rjw
Scooby Senior

How many miles had the car covered and what year was it. I take it it had FSH?
Old 05 April 2009, 10:56 PM
-ant-
Scooby Regular

its done a fair few miles 127k but with full service history.
Old 06 April 2009, 12:00 AM
dunx
Scooby Senior

Sad, but in my day 70,000 miles was typical, so modern cars are nearly twice as good.

Sounds like you looked after it, but sadly it wasn't quite up to the level of use/abuse you were dishing out.

I know if mine filed next week I'd (luckily !) be able to wave my "plastic" at it and make it go away... for six weeks or so till the bill landed.

Didn't mean to be harsh/funny, but it's your choice, save like crazy and get a nice toy, or use the bus, or buy a sh*tter to get to/from work.

Good luck !

dunx
Old 06 April 2009, 12:29 AM
-ant-
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dunx
Didn't mean to be harsh/funny, but it's your choice, save like crazy and get a nice toy, or use the bus, or buy a sh*tter to get to/from work.

Good luck !

dunx
gonna be the only option just so gutted at what ive lost ive gone from my wrx to nothing and now i cant even salvage anything to have a chance at getting back to another. i just put so much effort into that car working on it i dont everything myself right down the body work then just had it the final key bits done painted in the body shop and it wasnt no half job ether it was pretty much perfect.

Old 06 April 2009, 09:19 PM
-ant-
Scooby Regular

well was my day off today so i decided to just have browse around looked in few places local to get somthing on finance thoughts where to get a new age sti or an rx8 but after a bit of carefull thought it just wasnt the best idea with running costs and insurance, with it being finance it would be stupid to not insure it fully comp.
I looked at few hot hatchs ive proberly driven near every hatch on the market in price range as i used to pick up and service cars for a sales garage so i new what i wanted.
I went for this you may all laugh but i love them lol ill be picking it up wednesday afternoon, so this will be a fairwell for a while untill i can get the right impreza and pass this on to misses when she passes here test.

Last edited by -ant-; 06 April 2009 at 09:20 PM.
Old 06 April 2009, 11:03 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

Nice ! That's hardly an old shed is it ?

Dunx
Old 06 April 2009, 11:11 PM
-ant-
Scooby Regular

lol not realy never had intentions of buying to start just was looking around for somthing to do and i seen a few cars about and sort of fell in love with that never realy thought id get the finance tbh but i thought well lets see what i can get and got accepted for it. The choice then became wider for i could spend £7500 on looked a few newages and 2 rx8s but i took the more sensible option and got a clean hot hatch.
Old 06 April 2009, 11:28 PM
carl heath
Scooby Regular

my bro has supercharged mini handles like f*** and goes well too!
Old 06 April 2009, 11:32 PM
-ant-
Scooby Regular

thats a supercharged one mini cooper s wicked little things aint they i love the sound prefer them over the later turbo ones but never driven a turbo one