Power Problem...

Search this Thread

Old 28 March 2009, 05:34 PM
Heretik
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Problem...

Hi all,

Over the past few weekends I've been taking the car out for longer run than it usually gets (which is usually 15minutes a day there and back to the station) - And each time I've encountered an annoying, but temporary loss of power.

I always warm the car up before giving it a bit of beans - and it is usually after a bit of spirited driving that it happens - although this time I had only been ambling along for the journey.

Usually it happens after about 20 minutes - and when I decide to give it a strong burst from either 1st, 2nd or 3rd when I am around the power band. Basically the turbo doesn't seem to kick in very well and it lurches, being very unsmooth in delivery. Then power is down in all gears, but the turbo does sometimes come on under more smooth acceleration, although power is down considerably.

This time round, after this happened, it started to idle at around 2K which seemed very strange, so switched off for a while and rebooted a couple of minutes later.

Still had the same problem for the next 5 minutes, so took it easy... then suddenly the engine was right as rain. Felt smooth and pulled very hard - as if it had never of happened!!?

This has happened several times now as I mentioned - but not for a very long period - so if anyone can shed any light on what might cause this I would be very grateful!

'98 classic WRX Sti

Cheers

H