Notices

Please help!!

Search this Thread

Old 13 March 2009, 06:04 PM
stevemy99
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help!!

Hi everyone, i'm new to the site and i hope i'm posting in the right section.
I've had my impreza about a week, bought it in london, it's a uk spec '99 plate, got back with no probs at all. Now i was driving around yesterday and noticed a very subtle sort of vibration, the only way i can describe it is it being like going over small rumble strips that are quite far apart, it only does it from time to time, mainly when the car turns very slightly to the left, there is also a noise that accompanies this, i had the window down at the time which is a squeak like metal on metal, sounded like it was coming from the drivers side front wheel.
I have just got it back from being looked at at a garage and they couldn't find anything wrong with it *typical* so i'm just asking if anyone has any clue as to what it could be? i thought it might be something to do with the brake disc/pads on that side!?!

cheers
Old 13 March 2009, 06:13 PM
Turbotits
Scooby Regular

its possible the pad wear sensor is touching the disc when you corner. Does it make any noise when you brake?
Old 13 March 2009, 06:15 PM
scoobyc
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

does it do it under braking? only when cornering? does it get quicker with speed or stay the same? Any smell of anything burning? any change in the performance of the car? is the steering the same?
Old 13 March 2009, 07:23 PM
stevemy99
Scooby Newbie

The squeaking does get quicker with speed, just been out in it, just noticed with the window down that when i turn full lock to the right, it makes a metal on metal scraping noise but it's fine when going straight apart from the intermitant squeaks.

No squeak under braking only when turning, no smell of burning no notable change in the performance or steering either.
Old 13 March 2009, 08:32 PM
scoobmj
Scooby Regular

are the standard wheels? do discs look ok?

could be 2 separate issues the vibration and the squeaking.
Old 14 March 2009, 11:38 AM
stevemy99
Scooby Newbie

yep standard wheels on the car, haven't had chance to look at the discs yet, but i reckon that the pads nay need changing and possibly the discs.