Notices

Full De-cat or Part De-cat system?

Search this Thread

Old 19 February 2009, 10:54 PM
phil08
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Full De-cat or Part De-cat system?

Trying to decide whether to fit an up-pipe, sports cat downpipe and de-cat centre section. Who has this done and what extra power will I gain?

Is it completely necessary to install the two decats along with sports cat or should I only bother with one?

I'm concerned as i dont want a loud system although obviously i'm fully aware there will be a noise increase due to the type of system I have gone for.

The kit comprises of afterburner de-cats and ninja sports cat with racebox back box.

Look forward to hearing your thoughts
Old 20 February 2009, 12:15 AM
daz1968
Scooby Regular

I have a decat up pipe with ppp sportscat down pipe a decat ppp centre and de res centre pipe with a prodrive back box and it is not loud at all, Think I need a remap though to get the most from it.
Old 20 February 2009, 10:23 AM
phil08
Scooby Regular

Lovely thanks for your reply mate...I understand the prodrive systems are a nice mix of noise and looks without being over the top so thats reassuring.
My set up will be the same as yours just not Prodrive. Have you noticed any performance increase?
Old 20 February 2009, 12:19 PM
daz1968
Scooby Regular

Only just fitted the up and downpipe so am looking to get remapped soon, but I have noticed a slightly quicker pick up when pulling away. I think you would be wise to get the prodrive intercooler hose as well and possibly a fuel pump and free flowing airfilter.