Notices

Changing Dash Lights

Search this Thread

Old 10 February 2009, 09:57 PM
redduc
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Changing Dash Lights

Can somebody please help i am looking to change a couple of bulbs behind the dash that seem to have blown.
Is it a fairly easy job if so where do i start it is on a MY99 .
Old 19 February 2009, 07:09 PM
blueg14rep
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello, its an OK job to change the bulbs.

You will have to unscrew a 4 screws on the outer surround and unclip the connectors,
then 4 more on the clocks.

Pull the clocks out a little one side at a time as you wont be able to pull it to far because of the speedo cable and the connectors in the back of the clock.

Then you will have to unclip 3 connectors, two big ones which are either side of the clocks, grey in colour and the on the right hand side there will be a blue connector too. You may have to feel of it.

One all the connectors are uncliped you need to push the left side of the clocks in and pull the right hand side out enough to get your hand behind the clocks to pull the speedo cable off.

Then just change the bulbs around,

Then you will have to check they all work if your putting leds in because they only work one way sometimes, so what i did was put all the connectors back on the back of the clocks (leaving the speedo off for a min) and tried them.

Once they are all working just pull the right side connectors off and get your hand behind the clocks to push the speedo cable back on, make sure it is pushed on and clips. Be prepared to take lays of skin off your forearm and get really stressed putting the speedo cable on. That was the worse part of it all and i'm in no hurry to do it again.

Then re-connect the blue and grey connectors and then screw it all back together.

Hope this helps.

Here are mine now :-