Notices

help please

Search this Thread

Old 02 February 2009, 04:52 PM
ginge2719
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help please

is there anypoint fitting an oil catch tank to my sti v2 ra or am i wasting my hard earned pennys? also considering an apexi power fc hybrid fmic and fitting a vf23 wich i have again is there anypoint or would it just be another waste of time and money? the car already has a full decat system motorsport fuel pump eagle rods and low comp pistons with machined crowns.....also im not too sure how to use the dccd.... can i select differant ratios whilst on the move or only when out of gear and what setting should i use for what conditions etc....any help is much appreciated and thanks in advance for your help.
Old 02 February 2009, 06:44 PM
coops1
Scooby Regular

FMIC will give you more power but you would need a re-map once fitted but they can cause the car to be a bit laggy if you don’t have a big turbo and decent map. One FMIC is the same as another really, you will only be paying for the name, best getting an autobahn one as cheaper and does the same thing. As far as I know the oil catch tank is not really doing a great deal and a bit of a waste of money but I could be wrong there. Rather than a VF23 I would go with a TD05 myself but that is open to personal preference really. As for the dccd, I have a v3 sti ra and have no idea what to do with it so leave I don’t touch it
A link on turbos if any good to you:

Information about all VF Turbos - ClubWRX Forum - Subaru Impreza WRX and STi Community and Forums
Old 02 February 2009, 07:25 PM
ginge2719
Scooby Regular

thanks for that mate....car already has a td05 fitted i was just wondering with the 23 being from a later car and roller bearing thats all