Notices

non subaru

Search this Thread

Old 15 January 2009, 01:59 PM
starsandstripes
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default non subaru

Hi all, i know its not a scoob but appreciate any advice, my other car which i use for work is a peudeot 307 diesel,probl3m im gettin is- as im driving along the car will suddenly lose power, take foot off accelarator and revs drop to tick over put foot down again and all is fine, however, a couple of times now, when i take my foot off accel the revs drop to tick over and when i put foot down nothing happens at all, it just stays at 900 revs and thats pumping throttle up and down. turn engine off for a couple a mins and then its fine. wouldnt really bother me but last time was on the m6 so need to get it sorted for next week in work. taken it to mechanic who has taken wire off air filter box, he seems to think it COULD be that. any advice would be grateful
steve
Old 15 January 2009, 02:24 PM
cushti
Scooby Regular

Some french diesels have fly by wire throttles I think. I could be barking up the wrong tree completely but ask your mechanic if it can be that as I did have a similar problem a long time ago & think this was the issue.
Old 15 January 2009, 02:48 PM
scoobynewbie72
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by starsandstripes
Hi all, i know its not a scoob but appreciate any advice, my other car which i use for work is a peudeot 307 diesel,probl3m im gettin is- as im driving along the car will suddenly lose power, take foot off accelarator and revs drop to tick over put foot down again and all is fine, however, a couple of times now, when i take my foot off accel the revs drop to tick over and when i put foot down nothing happens at all, it just stays at 900 revs and thats pumping throttle up and down. turn engine off for a couple a mins and then its fine. wouldnt really bother me but last time was on the m6 so need to get it sorted for next week in work. taken it to mechanic who has taken wire off air filter box, he seems to think it COULD be that. any advice would be grateful
steve
Would that be the MAF he disconnected?
It could be vac pipes leaking or diesel pump problem raising its head, can you get someone to connect it to look for and error codes.

If you post ur location you might get someone near you with a OBD2 lead, the software to read the codes can be found free online.

Last edited by scoobynewbie72; 15 January 2009 at 02:50 PM.
Old 15 January 2009, 05:41 PM
starsandstripes
Scooby Regular

I think it was the MAF he's disconnected. he has got access to a code machine but there is never an engine managment fault coming up,
Old 15 January 2009, 07:21 PM
scoobynewbie72
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by starsandstripes
I think it was the MAF he's disconnected. he has got access to a code machine but there is never an engine managment fault coming up,
loosing power is associated with maf errors too, can u tell me the year and engine code if u have it please and i will have a look on autodata for you.
Old 15 January 2009, 08:14 PM
starsandstripes
Scooby Regular

its a 51 plate 307 rapier hdi 2.0 non turbo. sorry but no engine number to hand. thx
Old 15 January 2009, 08:32 PM
scoobynewbie72
Scooby Regular

email sent