Notices

help required please

Search this Thread

Old 09 October 2008, 09:07 PM
fatty86
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry help required please

hi people i wonder if any body here can help me solve this problem im having with the scooby.
here goes, well ive noticed recently that when i put my foot down in first gear the turbo starts to kick in but then sudenly holds back and then kicks in again it like a big sort of judder or mis if you like. but basicly i am sh*ting my self that the turbo is on the way out please please please some body tell me that this isnt the case here its getting on my t*t recently. seems to be problem after f**king problem any help please people thanks alot
Old 09 October 2008, 09:26 PM
dan.v.
Scooby Newbie

prob your boost solinoid mate get a AVCR and set it at 0.9 bar. BETTER SAFE THAN SORRY. only way to go
Old 09 October 2008, 09:28 PM
mbd sti2
Scooby Regular

mate i may be able to help i have a 95 sti v2 wagon and had the same problem, i tried every thing i could think of then scoobyclinic said try this. Remove all 4 spark plugs and re-gap them to 0.5mm not 0.7-0.8mm recomended do this and re-fit them, this is a temp thing to try and it should prove a point if it cures the problem then you will need 4 ignition coils.

I know it sounds odd but i trusted him did the above and mine went like **** but i found that it cured (the sudden loss of power as it just hit full boost then came back like a kick up the ar$e) that problem went but it seemed to loose some top end power so i got 4 new coils and new plugs and it was like never before

the problem seems to be the coils get weak and the spark is not strong enough and get blown out as it hits full boost, mainly in 1st and 2nd as the engine revs up on boost the quickest hope this helps you it cured mine good luck!
Old 09 October 2008, 09:35 PM
fatty86
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dan.v.
prob your boost solinoid mate get a AVCR and set it at 0.9 bar. BETTER SAFE THAN SORRY. only way to go
hay thanks mate cant fault you great help cheers
Old 09 October 2008, 09:38 PM
fatty86
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mbd sti2
mate i may be able to help i have a 95 sti v2 wagon and had the same problem, i tried every thing i could think of then scoobyclinic said try this. Remove all 4 spark plugs and re-gap them to 0.5mm not 0.7-0.8mm recomended do this and re-fit them, this is a temp thing to try and it should prove a point if it cures the problem then you will need 4 ignition coils.

I know it sounds odd but i trusted him did the above and mine went like **** but i found that it cured (the sudden loss of power as it just hit full boost then came back like a kick up the ar$e) that problem went but it seemed to loose some top end power so i got 4 new coils and new plugs and it was like never before

the problem seems to be the coils get weak and the spark is not strong enough and get blown out as it hits full boost, mainly in 1st and 2nd as the engine revs up on boost the quickest hope this helps you it cured mine good luck!
awsome help mate i will try that and see what happens cant wait to get solvin it lol cheers