help engine problems

Search this Thread

Old 01 September 2008, 07:36 PM
fatty86
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face help engine problems

hi there can anyone help me please
ive got a classic wrx import and its started to play up a bit.
when driving slow when cold it seems to judder like hell and isnt happy unless its being reved and now it has started to die when coming off the power. it seems to want to stall when i stop reving it. the tick over drops so low it trys to stall and then it goes up and down for a wile untill it setles again. ive cleaned the maf ive replaced spark plugs air fillter and fuel fillter reset the ecu and its still the same. it did blow a water hose but but this was after the tick over problem but i wouldnt have thought this is related

any help very greatfully recieved
Old 01 September 2008, 07:50 PM
AshMurc
Scooby Regular

hi mate, sorry to here about your problem...
i wonder if it could still be the MAF? I don't think cleaning it is a very reliable method of fixing it-- often a case of bin it and get a new one (or at least one known to be working). I take it the judder you mention is due to poor engine delivery rather then transmition judder?

sorry, the above is just an idea rather then person experience, i'm sure some others will be along with more suggestions/personal experience with the same prob

Ash
Old 01 September 2008, 08:53 PM
docdave5902
Scooby Regular

i has a similar problem a while back where the tick over was very low and rough,and struggling to find its own level,did also judder and ran very rich putting black smoke out the rear,turned out to be a duff dump vale stuck open and causing a massive air leak,a split or blown off boost hose will cause the same issue and again a faulty maf,regards,dave.
Old 01 September 2008, 10:06 PM
fatty86
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by docdave5902
i has a similar problem a while back where the tick over was very low and rough,and struggling to find its own level,did also judder and ran very rich putting black smoke out the rear,turned out to be a duff dump vale stuck open and causing a massive air leak,a split or blown off boost hose will cause the same issue and again a faulty maf,regards,dave.
hi cheers mate now you come to mension it the dump valve dose seem to go off a lot more now than normal even at such low boost and i havnt noticed this untill lately would this have some thing to do with it do you think
Old 01 September 2008, 10:09 PM
docdave5902
Scooby Regular

theres always a possibility m8,try blanking it off and running without the dv and see what happens.
Old 01 September 2008, 10:10 PM
fatty86
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by AshMurc
hi mate, sorry to here about your problem...
i wonder if it could still be the MAF? I don't think cleaning it is a very reliable method of fixing it-- often a case of bin it and get a new one (or at least one known to be working). I take it the judder you mention is due to poor engine delivery rather then transmition judder?

sorry, the above is just an idea rather then person experience, i'm sure some others will be along with more suggestions/personal experience with the same prob

Ash
hay mate im greatfull for any help as im a bit in the dark with this cheers
Old 01 September 2008, 10:12 PM
fatty86
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by docdave5902
theres always a possibility m8,try blanking it off and running without the dv and see what happens.
yes i will do mate fingers crossed you may have solved my problem nice one cheers