jerking

Search this Thread

Old 03 August 2008, 10:42 AM
Taffywrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jerking

Hi guys,

Got a small problem, when the car is washed or its raining the car jerks when pulling off in 1st and a little bit n second, when shes fully warmed up she runs fine no jerks or anything. Thing is even when its dry and it hasent been used 4 about 3-4days the same thing happens when its about to come onto boost. Ive also noticed now and again you get this high pitch whine from the engine soon as you take the foot off the gas it goes, its had a service bout 3500miles ago all belts changed and oils and they said the cars in good nick so its got me stumped its a 96wrx import
Old 03 August 2008, 10:47 AM
adzer
Scooby Regular

does the engine whine get higher pitched with the revs? if so it could be ur power steering pump, mine done that it started off doing it now and again the over a year got worse and worse and eventually whined all the time. rubber seals under the power steering tank are a common problem i beleive making your fluid leak out. it'll be the pump whining if its not got any fluid. just a thought.
Old 03 August 2008, 10:54 AM
Rossyboy99
Scooby Regular

the jerking mate is the rain getting on to your coil packs and maybe through them i have same issue at present and it goes once they've evaporated all the water, its like a miss fire jerking no power kinda sensation then thats your issue, check the coils for damage and either block off the vents if you have fmic, ir get mini scoops as apposed to vents bud.
Old 03 August 2008, 10:54 AM
Taffywrx
Scooby Regular

funny you should say that mate when shes cold and on full lock it does whine and the steering juders and hard 2 turn a little then when warmd up its fine, is this an expensive problem to solve?
Old 03 August 2008, 10:59 AM
Taffywrx
Scooby Regular

thats wot it is mate there no loss of power or anything like that just jerking when you put ur foot down the power is there and is instent, would is just have to change the 1 vent or the pair
Old 03 August 2008, 11:04 AM
adzer
Scooby Regular

no mate its just rubber rings which wont cost much, but also check that the pipes connected to the pump are tight too as i think thats where my fluid was actually leaking from.
Old 03 August 2008, 11:07 AM
Taffywrx
Scooby Regular

cheers mate