Notices

help please

Search this Thread

Old 20 July 2008, 09:51 PM
scooby17
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help please

Have not been driving car for a while and tonight my friend took it out for me and car was running fine for bout ten miles then went a blast out a back road quite fast.Got home and steam was coming out of the small filler next to battery and was boiling.....this a head gasket failure??
Old 20 July 2008, 10:15 PM
scooby276blue
Scooby Regular

if the oil was foamy and cream in colour then more than likely its the head gasket, but what i think you are saying is the coolant over follow is over following which means to me is that your water pump is not moving to coolant around the engine, or the thermo stat has gone which isn't letting the coolant go to the rad,

take your thermo stat out and place in boiling water and see if it open, if it does then it's more than likely your water pump needs replacing, if so speak to james at scooby clinic and he'll sort you out.

hope this helps good luck
Old 20 July 2008, 10:41 PM
scooby17
Scooby Newbie

oil seems fine.How can u determine if water pump aint working??
Old 21 July 2008, 02:49 PM
Jolly Green Monster
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

very rare to get water in oil or oil in water on a scoob.. gasket failure causes compression gas into the water system and pressurises greater than the cap pressure and it overflows out by the battery.. monitor it but suspect head gaskets need changing.

Simon